How do I add a new cache using the Geocaching Android app?

SmudgeSmidgett

If I'm out and about and have found a spot that is not near other caches and want to hide a cache there - how do I then add the cache using the Geocaching app on my android phone? There doesn't seem to be anywhere on the app where you can add them.

Also, if you decide to add the cache when you get home from your computer - on the Geocaching website - how do you add your co-ordinates? I recently found a good spot for a cache, and screenshot my co-ordinates as I couldn't get the app to add the cache. Then, once home, I copied the co-ordinates onto the "Hide a cache" section of the Geocaching website, but it didn't confirm them - the page just sort of did nothing! So I'm a bit confused as to what to do next!! Please help!

It is not possible to submit new caches using the app.  You will need to do it via the website.

First, please be sure to review the information in the Hide a Cache section of the Help Center.  In particular, you should review the Placement Guidelines.

Were the coordinates in the correct format  (N xx xx.xxx W xxx xx.xxx)?  If so, then the map would've centered onto the coordinates you entered, but you would need to click on "Continue" (in the section titled "Already Know Your Hiding Spot?") to proceed with creating your cache listing page.

I also wanted to mention that it's still possible your location may not be okay.

There may be Premium Member Only (PMO) caches, or hidden physical stages of multi-caches, or final locations of Mystery/Puzzle caches that are within 0.1 miles of your cache location.  If you want to confirm the location does not have proximity issues before placing the cache, then you could ask for a coordinate check first - see the info under "Ask a reviewer to check coordinates" in the Help Center.