Slow approval time

I hid a geocache 13 days ago in preparation for some geocaching friends from California who were visiting. Nothing yet, though Groundspeak says that I should contact them if it hasn't been reviewed within 7 days. My visitors have now left without finding my Geocache. I see other New Hampshire Geocaches being approved but I have not even received acknowledgement from the reviewer that my request exists. My cache code is GC7AJTP and is located in Concord, NH. I understand summer is busy but things like this and other recent disappointments are making me question the value of renewing my premium membership. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Hello VermonterAtHeart, you've written  Reviewer notes, but you have NOT submitted the cache to the review queue. 

If you log onto the cache page,https://coord.info/GC7AJTP 

(only the cache owner or a site admin will see anything there )

at the top, you'll see a box of text with a Submit for Review button. Click that. 

Then  a reviewer see your cache.  Sorry you missed the opportunity to have your friends hunt it.

• Upvote 6
3 hours ago, VermonterAtHeart said:

I hid a geocache 13 days ago in preparation for some geocaching friends from California who were visiting. Nothing yet, though Groundspeak says that I should contact them if it hasn't been reviewed within 7 days. My visitors have now left without finding my Geocache. I see other New Hampshire Geocaches being approved but I have not even received acknowledgement from the reviewer that my request exists. My cache code is GC7AJTP and is located in Concord, NH. I understand summer is busy but things like this and other recent disappointments are making me question the value of renewing my premium membership. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, palmetto said:

Hello VermonterAtHeart, you've written  Reviewer notes, but you have NOT submitted the cache to the review queue. 

If you log onto the cache page,https://coord.info/GC7AJTP 

(only the cache owner or a site admin will see anything there )

at the top, you'll see a box of text with a Submit for Review button. Click that. 

Then  a reviewer see your cache.  Sorry you missed the opportunity to have your friends hunt it.

This is why if we have a question, we try to keep from blaming others right off the bat,  just...in...case  we happened to be the ones making that error.  :)

• Upvote 4

To the OP. I'm curious, what made you think that your cache was already submitted for review? I ask, because the issue you mentioned has come up several times before and I suspect cachers are confusing the "Submit Changes" button (used when editing a listing) with the "Submit for Review" button. Is that what happened for you?

Do you think that re-labeling the "Submit Changes" button to "Save Changes" would help avoid confusion?  I suggested this in a reply to another topic, but am thinking of creating a separate Feature Request topic.

19 minutes ago, noncentric said:

To the OP. I'm curious, what made you think that your cache was already submitted for review? I ask, because the issue you mentioned has come up several times before and I suspect cachers are confusing the "Submit Changes" button (used when editing a listing) with the "Submit for Review" button. Is that what happened for you?

Do you think that re-labeling the "Submit Changes" button to "Save Changes" would help avoid confusion?  I suggested this in a reply to another topic, but am thinking of creating a separate Feature Request topic.

I think that'd be a good move - it certainly wouldn't hurt anything and would avoid a source of confusion. It'd also be good if the new dashboard would distinguish between unsubmitted caches and caches awaiting review instead of just lumping them together as "unpublished caches".

• Upvote 1

Amazing how so many of the issues that start out as complaints about reviewers turn out to be that the hiders can't read and follow the instructions for submission.  (I agree that the instructions could be clearer, but, still. . . .)      Always gotta find someone else to blame.

Also amazing that so few of those hiders return to the forum to say thanks for helping them to get the matter sorted.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that--nowadays everything is all about entitlement.  Gratitude?  What's that?  

Thanks to Keystone for letting everyone know that there was a happy ending.

• Upvote 3