Technology events

_SWH

This is probably a question for HQ or a moderator. But, do note I can not find the answer in faqs, help center, or forums.

I want to host a technology event. Specifically how to use software or programs for certain functions for geocaching, i.e. filters, specific targeted caches, etc. 

Can anyone attend this event, like also via Skype (free)? I feel it is important to share techniques with everyone and not just limit knowledge to only a certain group of people. 

We had an annual Event in my area, in which GSAK tutorial was part of the Event.  The major focus was on the socializing aspects of the Event. The tutorial was strictly voluntary.

I've also attended one or two Events which had puzzle solving workshop aspects, which also involved using various software suites and online resources.

The Skype question is a bit more convoluted based on previous "virtual" attendance by such offsite platforms.   Generally discouraged as a basis for posting an Attended log, since the attendee was not physically at the posted coordinates (unless they're dialing in from their table or something).  You can probably invite people to listen in by such means, but I'm guessing that posting an Attended log would not be allowed.