New category: WTF is that?

Today I walked through my hometown in a new area and suddenly I saw something strange. I have no idea what is for or what it was supposed to become. It looks like this:

____.thumb.jpg.8517213c514f9dcd0b74687722600e7f.jpg

A huge concrete frame on four concrete columns. The top part looks quite weathered, so I doubt that work is still in progress. Left of it there are more concrete frames standing on the ground and those are filled with glass. So they work like windshields and probably also reduce the noise of the trains and cars. But if that frame should have the same purpose, why put it on columns? I searched for a plaque or something like that (might be a strange piece of art) but found nothing.

Here's a photo from the other side (nothing spectacular to see through this frame):

____0.thumb.jpg.9e002d584831f77e6f01ef860f5cea8a.jpg

And a link to Google Maps.

So, does anybody have an idea what this frame might be? And has anybody else also seen things that would fit in a (fun) category "WTF is that?" :-)

15 hours ago, thebeav69 said:

I don't know about a 'fun' category for oddball encounters of sites seen but your pictures of the gigantic frame should qualify for inclusion in the Framed Views category and will probably be the largest framed view to be submitted to date. ^_^

I think the officers of that category wouldn't agree. The description says "best view to an interesting location". :wacko:

Yesterday I found another example for this (virtual) category:

___00.thumb.jpg.22f35a54e7321a1c75b58aff56856657.jpg

It's a free-standing window in a frame with a slim aluminium roof on top. Well, it doesn't really fit in a "WTF is that?" category, because this time I have a guess. I think it's a selfmade display case for advertisements or announcements. Maybe it's not that spectacular from your point of view, but here in Austria I don't see so many DIY things and this one I thought was worth showing you.

Anyway, a little later we visited a cemetery and I found something that (for me) was really spectacular:

___01.thumb.jpg.e34aace4298d9ddd95e79929cac13f3f.jpg

It's a grave with a big solar panel above it. In the center front there's a 2-line LED display that lists the names/dates of the interred and some more text. Below the big milk glass there is a cross that might also be illuminated at night. Unfortunately, the cemetery is closed at night. Anyway, I was fascinated by this innovative grave and hope that it will be accepted in the Solar Power category. Has anybody ever seen something like this?

2 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Y

Anyway, a little later we visited a cemetery and I found something that (for me) was really spectacular:

___01.thumb.jpg.e34aace4298d9ddd95e79929cac13f3f.jpg

It's a grave with a big solar panel above it. In the center front there's a 2-line LED display that lists the names/dates of the interred and some more text. Below the big milk glass there is a cross that might also be illuminated at night. Unfortunately, the cemetery is closed at night. Anyway, I was fascinated by this innovative grave and hope that it will be accepted in the Solar Power category. Has anybody ever seen something like this?

Wow never seen something like this bevore. Very nice. I think we would never have something like that in Germany, because we germans have special laws for everyting. Even for graveyards :wacko:. The Allgemeine Verwaltungsvorschrift zum Gräbergesetz (GräbVwV) (approximately in english: General administrative act to the gravyard law) prohibits such a design :(.

If this is a category proposal, then I would have to express my concerns about the abbreviation "WTF" as suggested. The unabbreviated form contains - at least in my neck of the woods - coarse, gutter or foul language. I have no doubt that some here might be able say "well so what?" But I have to ask, while it might be saying what it is, I think we should maintain some decorum within the Waymarking community and use something that maybe says the same, but in a more professional and non-offensive manner.

Well, four years ago I was thinking that it would be a nice idea for a new category, but now I think: "If waymarker A sees something like this, and creates a waymark for that category and officer B accepts it, because she/he doesn't have any clue either and two weeks later waymarker C says, that the object is this or that. Should the waymark then be grandfathered or moved to an appropriate category?"

However, if you think you can come up with a good name, description, etc., feel free to create that category.