Viable trackable idea?

ssis

In a recent cache I found, I discovered a travelbug sticker in the lid of the container. Copies of this sticker were placed in several caches to be discovered. 

This gave me the idea to do a similar thing, but instead of placing the stickers in geocaches, I want to place them on postcards. This way I can combine 2 hobbies of mine: geocaching and sending postcards (via a certain website). This second hobby consists of sending postcards to strangers all over the world. I would love to discover how many of these people also know geocaching :)

So my question: is my idea of sticking copies of my trackable sticker on my postcards viable? Or am I missing something here? 

Also, can I mention the name of the site I use for my postcard hobby here and on my trackable page? It's non-commercial as far as I know... 

Hopefully the "stickers" in caches with a trackable number on it belongs to the CO... 

Temp placement to move along is one thing, but I'd be ticked to find  that someone was using me for their side game without asking first.  We've seen another site's "log" stickers placed on the outside (so far) of this site's caches as well.

Guess I just don't understand what's the draw of sending a postcard to a stranger to see if they know of the hobby. 

- A "stranger"  gets a postcard in the mail ... you think someone would join the site, just to log your trackable code?

I'd say contact Groundspeak at their Help Center ("Contact Us" at the bottom of this page) , because I know you can attach a code to anything, but I feel placing a code on a postcard makes that postcard the trackable.

Releasing multiples of the same code will often result in getting a trackable locked.

The idea of sending the postcards is that you only send them to "strangers" also signed up on that website. So they want to receive cards. My addition to this would be that I mention my hobby of geocaching, and if they happen to know it, they could discover my trackable :) This means I don't expect my trackable to get discovered on each postcard I put it on. 

Thanks for the tip of asking Groundspeak, I wouldn't want my trackable to get locked..

Edited by ssis
1 hour ago, ssis said:

The idea of sending the postcards is that you only send them to "strangers" also signed up on that website. So they want to receive cards. My addition to this would be that I mention my hobby of geocaching, and if they happen to know it, they could discover my trackable :) This means I don't expect my trackable to get discovered on each postcard I put it on. 

Thanks for the tip of asking Groundspeak, I wouldn't want my trackable to get locked..

As a just in case, since guidelines change time-to-time.   :)

I remembered (in '16 I think...) that one said "Groundspeak doesn't care about that (multiple trackables using one code) anymore", followed by a Mod/Reviewer saying that it wasn't safe to assume that, and to contact Groundspeak JIC.