Oregon 750T / Garmin Connect / strava

klien

have Montana original love it...

I have recently gotten a Fat Bike Mountain bike and have been looking at cycling computers by garmin... Then I remembered the oregon and it being a lot smaller then the montana ..

The new 750 looks like it can connect  to garmin connect .. Has anyone tried this and once it connects activities to connect does starve pick it up? i have a fenix 3 and the min i sync it with garmin then it syncs with strava ... wondering if its that simple as my watch 

I have a 700 and Garmin Connect on an iPhone. I've used the Geocaching Live feature and the Sync feature after I complete a hike. When I begin, I press Start on the Hike and when I'm done I press Stop. Within 15 seconds or so of pressing stop, I get a message on my phone that it was synced and I see the data there. When I go home I can look on https://connect.garmin.com and it shows the activity there. 

From what I see at https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918057-Uploading-from-a-Garmin-device- any Garmin that works with Garmin Connect should work. I wouldn't expect you'd need to do the steps referencing Garmin Express.  It appears as long as your info gets to Garmin Connect it can be accessed by Strava. Maybe someone using a 7x0 & Strava can confirm. 

If Strava is syncing with Garmin Connect, then that process happens outside of the GPS. I've set up MapMyHike to sync with Garmin Connect, and while I don't own an Oregon 700, I can take the extra step with my 600 to send tracks to Garmin Connect via BaseCamp and MapMyHike automatically pulls the data. 
Just curious, though, what does Strava do that Garmin Connect doesn't? I mean, I can make the same argument with MapMyHike. They're just different communities with the same purpose. I've been curating my hike logs with Garmin Connect just because it seems easier.