Introducing Virtual Rewards!

On 2/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, niraD said:

I wrote a script to save copies of the webcam image repeatedly, then went to the webcam site and posed for a while, then sifted through the saved images to pick the one I thought was best.

I once wrote an entire Windows application to do the same thing, to capture webcam pictures. I wrote it for a certain webcam atop Mount Washington knowing in 2009 that there was no cell service. I left my software running back at the hotel. Knowing the alleged refresh rate of the camera I knew how long I should have hung out in front of the camera. Research paid off. I still use the software today in certain situations.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:19 PM, simpjkee said:

Ultimately, I decided to use it the "right" way and it's been a headache ever since.

As noble as I believe your idea was, you still should have known how controversial your subject matter would be in some warped sectors of humanity. Self inflicted headaches?

On 2/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, cerberus1 said:

Cachers maybe, but the couple webcam owners we know say it's sometimes a real pain-in-the-can to maintain.  Add in the reports we hear over phony/selfie logs on long-absent owners, and I'd bet HQ might be a bit more relieved if/when they eventually go bye-bye.   :)

True. I bet it is hard to maintain. Thanks for the input.

10 minutes ago, Pezdude said:

We are a little over two months away from the new virtual closing date. Could someone with the know-how be able to query how many of the 4,000 virtuals (the approximate number given) have actually been hidden? Thanks!

You can easily use project-gc to get the info you want:

https://project-gc.com/Tools/MapHiddenMonth

Select Virtual. Then select the months you wish to cover. No membership required.