Access "my waypoints" on geocache page in browser?

WarmCat

Using the official geocaching app, you can select 'waypoints' then add a new waypoint (I use this to add the final waypoint I've worked out for a multi or unknown cache). This waypoint is saved server side somewhere, because if I then open Cachly app, I see the newly-added waypoint.

My question is, where can I see this waypoint when I'm logged into the geocaching website and browsing the aforementioned geocache page?

It would also be nice if the exported KML file contained these waypoints. In fact it would be nice to actually be able to export a KML file without using 'export to garmin' or without using 3rd party software... cos really what use is a LOC file?!

Anyhoo thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

6 hours ago, WarmCat said:

Using the official geocaching app, you can select 'waypoints' then add a new waypoint (I use this to add the final waypoint I've worked out for a multi or unknown cache). This waypoint is saved server side somewhere, because if I then open Cachly app, I see the newly-added waypoint.

My question is, where can I see this waypoint when I'm logged into the geocaching website and browsing the aforementioned geocache page?

As far as I know, there currently isn't any way to view these waypoints on the website. I guess they can only be viewed through apps that connect to the servers via the API.

It would also be nice if the exported KML file contained these waypoints. In fact it would be nice to actually be able to export a KML file without using 'export to garmin' or without using 3rd party software... cos really what use is a LOC file?!

If you mean the GPX files, you don't need any extra software. As a Premium member, you can click the "GPX file" button on a cache listing page to download a GPX file and then save it wherever you want. Pocket Query results also come in GPX format by default and can likewise be downloaded and saved wherever you want.

36 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

If you mean the GPX files, you don't need any extra software. As a Premium member, you can click the "GPX file" button on a cache listing page to download a GPX file and then save it wherever you want. Pocket Query results also come in GPX format by default and can likewise be downloaded and saved wherever you want.

Yes I meant GPX file, sorry! Yeah I noticed you can download for a single geocache, but not for multiple (i.e. a list) unless you either send to gpsr (which is what I have to do then copy it back from the gpsr) or create a pocket query and wait until the next day. 

Shame we can't access the personal waypoints, or at least add them to the gpx file. I solve puzzles on my laptop then have to grab phone and add coordinates to app, then when I'm out and about, I have to remember to then add the coordinates to the gpsr or just use my phone... very long winded. 

Anyhow, was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing anything (and unfortunately I'm not). Thanks very much for your help!