How to add a Wherigo icon.

archiejw

About to publish my first Wherigo, but would like to know how to add an custom icon to show up on devices. When I load it up on my Wherigo iOS app it just comes up with the default icon. Would I need to edit the file or just add it on Wherigo.com?

If I need to edit the file, how would I do so? I created the Wherigo on Wherigo.rangerfox.com and I can't download Urwigo etc. because I have a mac.

Example

E0dbhEpLk8EGKgwZWMEAAAD8MAjBAAAAARIAEAA8 

Well, perhaps I should add that?  I could make it so the cartridge's poster could be used as the icon, or you can upload a separate icon.  We'll see if I can get that last part done as well.

If I can have a clear schedule tonight, I will see what I can do.  (Note: I've been trying to type this all day at work.  I'm now leaving, so I'll submit it.)

When I have time, I've been working on a v2 of Kit I plan to release as an open source project so people can help add things or improve what I've done.  The work is slow due to everything else I've been doing, including overtime that hasn't waned since the beginning of the year.

On 25/08/2017 at 2:42 AM, Ranger Fox said:

And there you go: after around two and a half hours of work and testing, Wherigo\\kit now has a spot where you can upload an icon for your cartridge.  All cartridge icons will be resized to 32x32 pixels, per the Media Specs post in the forum.

How's that for service?

Didn't read the replies until today. Was not expecting a new feature to be added for me! Thanks so much for the effort and time

7 hours ago, archiejw said:

Didn't read the replies until today. Was not expecting a new feature to be added for me! Thanks so much for the effort and time

Welcome to the Wherigo community.  We try to keep it going and support everyone who's interested.  I hope you'll hang around here, participate, and continue asking questions for us to answer.