Souvenirs sorted by date

GeoWühler

Hi there, i always wondering, why the souvenirs are sorted by name, instead sorted by date. So earned souvenirs aren't shown in groups and the beautie of the (summer-series) artworks get lost. Please consider to change the souvenirs sorted by date of acquireing, instead of the name or ad an option to the webpage, to change the sortment of earned souvenirs.

Thank you, GeoWühler

###

Hallo zusammen, ich wundere mich immer wieder, weshalb die Anzeige der Souvenirs nach Namen statt nach Datum erfolgen. Somit werden zusammengehörige Souvenirs (z.B. aus Sommer-Serien) nicht zusammen angezeigt und die kleinen Kunstwerke verlieren ein wenig an Bedeutung bzw. das Gesamtbild wird zerstört. Bitte sortiert die erhaltenen Souvenirs nach Datum statt Namen bzw. stellt eine Option zur Sortierung auf der Webseite bereit. Das wäre echt klasse.

Danke, GeoWühler

souvenirs.PNG

I wouldn't care for that.   

I like to see the International Geocaching Day and others together (they're together by date), rather than scattered all over.

One marketing promotion in '15 is scattered all over by date, because someone forgot that it's alphabetical I guess...

Another in '14 is neatly next to each other, simply because of  "the" before it.  :)

There's an existing conversation about this topic just a little further down the page:

Other have expressed interest in sorting Souvenirs first by type (e.g., country/state/province, mega-event, International geocaching day, summer Souvenir promotions, etc.), and then by date. I think that approach makes a lot of sense, especially for those who actively seek one type of Souvenir, but ignore/hide others.

17 hours ago, niraD said:

There's an existing conversation about this topic just a little further down the page:

Other have expressed interest in sorting Souvenirs first by type (e.g., country/state/province, mega-event, International geocaching day, summer Souvenir promotions, etc.), and then by date. I think that approach makes a lot of sense, especially for those who actively seek one type of Souvenir, but ignore/hide others.

I support this idea as well.  It might require some renaming of some of the state/province souvenirs though.  I'm currently seeing Singapore, South Africa, Spain and Switzerland in between Rhode Island and Tennessee.  If all of the U.S. State souvenirs were named with United States as a prefix (e.g. United States - Tennessee) they would all group together.

5 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

I support this idea as well.  It might require some renaming of some of the state/province souvenirs though.  I'm currently seeing Singapore, South Africa, Spain and Switzerland in between Rhode Island and Tennessee.  If all of the U.S. State souvenirs were named with United States as a prefix (e.g. United States - Tennessee) they would all group together.

Renaming state/province souvenirs like that would make a lot of sense, once they sort souvenirs by type and use alphabetic sorting as a secondary sort within types. It would actually make sense to rename a lot of the other existing souvenirs too (e.g., so the summer promotional souvenirs for each year group together).