Friend Requests

spookymuldernj

On 8/23/2017 at 10:06 PM, spookymuldernj said:

Hi, I know how to get to the friend request page, type in a username, and hit send friend request, but once I do that, it won't let the request go through. It takes me to a page about emailing a user? Always included with the text "this user has invalidated his or her account." Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you're doing something wrong - the problem seems to be with the person's account.  If you can contact the player through the system, email, etc., perhaps they can fix the issue if they're not aware of it.  Or perhaps they are no longer involved with the game.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:11 AM, spookymuldernj said:

Thank you, I think you're right. I tried friending a new person so I know I can do it.I think it's the person's account.

There is an option in the User Account to accept or reject friend requests. Perhaps the people where this is failing for you have this option turned off. 

On 8/29/2017 at 5:47 PM, JohnCNA said:

There is an option in the User Account to accept or reject friend requests.

I've been involved with quite a few forums/message boards with this feature, and while I'm not into that particular social media aspect of them, I've noticed that they all seem to use that exact same (accept/reject) terminology.  There are several words that they could use other than "reject", which makes me wonder if there isn't more than a little psychology going on.  Personally, I've always preferred decline.  As always, YMMV.

If a friend request you send to someone is accepted, then that someone will appear on your friends list. While not accepting or rejecting it will appear in the list of friends pending. If they reject it, it does not appear in any. What a friend request does is send an email to the indicated person informing him that you request his friendship. If he does not see the mail or does not check the list of pending friends, that request may be stalled for a long time.

More info in the Help Centre: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=27&pgid=590

Tiež som náhodou zbadal, že vyše 10 rokov mám odšktnuté v nastaveniach blokovanie, ach jaj ...
V tuto chvíli máš zakázané žádosti o přátelství. Změnit to můžeš odškrtnutím volby 'blokovat žádosti o přátelství od ostatních hráčů' v Nastavení účtu.

... fakt sa mi nezdá, že by som niečo sám hentak nastavoval, zbytočná funkcia pôvodne asi iba v angličtine ?!
Detto nick si už mením z malého "ohaj" na veľké písmo "OHAJ" ako mám na svojich Slovak Wood Geocoin-s, tiež som to predtým neprestavoval.

Ak som správne pochopil, postup pre pridanie kámoša do zoznamu - Add a geocacher to Friends List:

1. From the left hand side of your your dashboard, select View friends.
  2. Under Add a friend, enter your friend's username.
  3. Select Send Invitation.
  4. Enter a message for your friend.
  5. Select Request Friendship.

Hmm, aj tak to nefunguje, vyberem kešera "GhostD.Ohaj" a vôbec tam nieje na výber pridanie, buďto som dakedy mu posielal, alebo si vymazal účet ?!