Absol beginners; found 3 caches today; bug has bitten - what's next?

Hi

Visiting National Trust property where there were a few caches hidden and very helpful staff directed us to app and direction of nearest cache.  Caches (or 'treasures' in my 5 year old's worldview) included a hairband, rubber wheel of Lego car and an Irish twenty-cent coin.  (Ended up actually adding a few coins to each cache).

So, I find myself logging on here and discovering that caches seem to be a few grades above what we found.  I had been thinking of my son & I creating a cache for outside our home, comprising some chocolate bars and fruit-juices for anybody in the area and restocking as required.  Is this within the scope/aims of this community?  (I'm viewing this as a family adventure activity type thing)

Hi

Welcome to the game. It's great that you want to place your own caches. However, you should familiarise yourself with the guidelines.

We don't allow food in cache containers

Food items or scented items are inappropriate and disallowed. Animals have a keen sense of smell and have been known to destroy containers to get to these items. Items that may melt in the heat, such as crayons or lip balm, or expand in the cold, such as liquids, should also be excluded from caches.

If you have any more questions, please don hesitate to post in the forums, Facebook groups or email your friendly local reviewer.

Paul
geohatter
Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK Geocaching Policies Wiki
Geocaching.com Help Center
UK Geocaching Information & Resources website