CAN'T LOG CACHES

Rustynails

You keep screwing up the web page. I pay you hard earned money for premium membership and I CAN'T even log my finds. When I go to the "log this geocache" page all I get is the spinning green circle. Sometimes if I refresh the page it will let me log but not very often. Why won't you fix this ? I have many caches waiting to log.

1 hour ago, Kennethbe62 said:

I have the same issue. Can log one geocache but after that it's locked. Left the spinning green circle of death going while I took a shower and came back and still there. Anyone have an answer?

If you're not doing drafts (I understand it's a pain in the can/takes a while  then), you could simply "opt out" for now, using the "old" logging page. :)

same problem.  several days ago (just thought it was the low quality internet at the RV park) but again last night at home.  So the fix you reported was pushed out to fix didn't for me.   forever loading the log cache page.  but last night I saw the "use old format" button and that worked for me.  laptop windows 10 explorer is what I have.   

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:38 AM, GlobalRat said:

At the risk of repeating myself, from other thread.

As soon as I added the URL to trusted sites in IE, it started working in IE and Microsoft Edge and I haven't experienced any further issues so far.

I just did this but I have no caches to log left tonight. Fingers crossed that it answers the issue for me tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

I see the same problem with iOS both on an iPhone and an iPad. On the iPad, use both Safari and Chrome without being able to log more than one. There are some good features with the new logging (One touch needs maintenance is great) but if I had to close the browser after every cache log....Groundspeak seems to be suffering from the new shiny object syndrome than effects most web developers. No reason to change just to change!

Edited by MetsFanInNJ
1 hour ago, JustFindingOurWay said:

Didn't have any issue earlier this week but just got home from chasing some newly published caches. Tried to log them in the field without success and can't log them from home on the website using the old (preferred) OR new (marginal) page. Just get a message that says they're locked. Nothing in the logs other than the original published log.

Locked.jpg

That sounds like a problem with the specific cache, not necessarily a website bug/issue. Can you provide the GC number of one of the caches that's giving you the 'locked' message?

Basically many of the new features gives you the green circle. I have to keep opting out. So why not keep the old? I've already posted other issues with them that I haven't seen changed. Like logging a find is missing Adding corrected coordinates if someone has their coords too far off.

And the new Lists is missing the Watchlist. If these new features become permanent then we can't opt back to the features we wanted.

On 9/16/2017 at 1:37 AM, noncentric said:

That sounds like a problem with the specific cache, not necessarily a website bug/issue. Can you provide the GC number of one of the caches that's giving you the 'locked' message?

Turns out it was an issue related to a series of caches that were all published at the same time. The reviewer was able to solve the issue.