(Ways to Improve) Learning the hobby

cerberus1

When a member's signed in and is on the site's main page, the  "Learn" dropdown on the top is missing, though "Play", Community", and of course "Shop" is there.

The rest of that page is Events, Most favorited, and Newest caches, along with  View near you, What's new, and another mention of what's new at shop geocaching.

Most other pages have "Learn", with geocaching 101 and videos to glean information from.

Many of us simply have favorites to our "dashboard" and get that information easily from there. 

A newer person may not, and have to search around a bit more. 

By some basic questions posed here, couldn't hurt to include "Learn" on the site's page as well I think.

There's a bit of a mixed bag with the headers right now due to some issues that were encountered during the initial roll-out. Because it is the end of the week and we are quite busy at HQ right now with a nearby mega that is taking place this weekend, we are holding off on a full release until Monday.

When everything is done, the headers across the site will like like what you see on the home page, with just "Play", "Community", and "Shop". Everything that was under the "Learn" menu has been moved to the Help Center, which is accessible from your profile widget on the header. When doing user testing, the UX team discovered that most people went there to find help, and having additional links under a "Learn" menu was confusing.

Okay. :)

Curious, have those folks also checked how often "No" is checked under "did this help?" in that help center, or maybe no checks at all per hit?

I relied on the help center to assist others for some time, and I gotta say it's very confusing with that new format.

Can't say how many times what I'm looking for is in a completely different section than wording implies. 

Thanks again.   :)