Souvenir won't go away

Viajero Perdido

Same here on Firefox 55.0.2 (64bit). I tried to hide the Hyde souvenirs (Mary Hyde: Cuts and Keys and Mary Hyde: Batten Down The Hatches)  and I always got the same error. Mary Hyde: Weigh Anchor was already hidden right after I got it.

This afternoon I wanted to hide both others (don't have the 4th one) and it seemed to work after I clicked "hide this" and then "show this" on another souvenir.

After seeing this post I checked and saw that "Mary Hyde: Cuts and Keys" mysteriously re-appeared.

The "Hide This" feature needed several attemps until it worked ever since. Sometimes I received the "There was a problem attempting...", sometimes "Hide this" changed to "Show this", the picture faded out but the hiding wasn't done.

But this time the "Batten Down The Hatches" one really seems to be unhideable. Tried it umpteen times with several browsers to no avail. No error message, fade out animation - but not hidden. Any the "Lost Treasure" that I successfully hid this morning mysteriously reappeared and also seems to be unhideable now.

32 minutes ago, daRAMA said:

But this time the "Batten Down The Hatches" one really seems to be unhideable. Tried it umpteen times with several browsers to no avail. No error message, fade out animation - but not hidden. Any the "Lost Treasure" that I successfully hid this morning mysteriously reappeared and also seems to be unhideable now.

Batten Down The Hatches is hidden in my souvenir list but "Cuts and Keys" is unhideable here. I will keep trying though.

Is everyone sure they're even getting one hidden? First time I tried, 2 out of 4 disappeared from the public list, but then they came back later. What impresses me is how random the behavior seems to be.

In case anyone else was wondering, it's not just Mary's. I tried to hide an unrelated souvenir, and it also showed hidden in my list but still appeared in the public list, so it appears to be just hiding in general doesn't work at the moment, nothing specific to Mary.

3 hours ago, dprovan said:

Is everyone sure they're even getting one hidden? First time I tried, 2 out of 4 disappeared from the public list, but then they came back later. What impresses me is how random the behavior seems to be.

Yes I'm sure. Hid the first Mary Hyde when it was added. Tried to hide the two others and one is hidden, the other not.

All other previously hidden souvenirs are still hidden.

Edit: Just tried again and clicked "hide this" "show this" several times. After revisiting the remaining MH souvenir remains hidden.. Success... B)

Edited by on4bam

After a couple of tries, I managed to get rid of mine.  (No error message; just reappeared after a reload.)

It's a participation trophy with boomerang genes.  You keep throwing it in the garbage, but when you look in your junk closet, there it is!

Nice artwork though.  I'll give credit for that.

VP out, off to find boxes in the woods.

I've been trying to get rid of mine for weeks. only the first one stays hidden. once in a while I get the error message, most times I don't, when I check my public page souvenirs there they are again. finally I had success hiding them one at a time with a page refresh after each one was hidden. it took several tries, and I had to change the order I hide them in but eventually I got them all hidden. 

I never got the error message, but the last couple of weeks I've been hiding the Mary Hyde souvenirs, but they all have reappeared several times now (not sure about the time between hiding and reappearing). 

I'll try again today and if they reappear I guess the only solution is to ask Groundspeak to remove them completely.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:38 AM, irisisleuk said:

I never got the error message, but the last couple of weeks I've been hiding the Mary Hyde souvenirs, but they all have reappeared several times now (not sure about the time between hiding and reappearing). 

I'll try again today and if they reappear I guess the only solution is to ask Groundspeak to remove them completely.

I tried to hide one of the Mary Hyde souvenirs this morning.  As soon as I reloaded the page it came right back with the "Hide This" link.  I'm not getting any kind of error message.  The "Hide This" action just doesn't take.  Running a recent version of Chrome.

14 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

I tried to hide one of the Mary Hyde souvenirs this morning.  As soon as I reloaded the page it came right back with the "Hide This" link.  I'm not getting any kind of error message.  The "Hide This" action just doesn't take.  Running a recent version of Chrome.

I had the same issue after my last message here. Tried hiding it coming from both the new profile and the old profile page. The souvenirs appeared again that day after reloading,  but the next day they were gone and are gone since. Don't know why it worked this time and why it took a day, but at least they are not visible anymore.

once again this minor irritant is back, I participated in a CITO event the other day and earned a souvenir I don't care to display on my profile. no matter what I do to remove it, short of deleting my attended log? will hide it. I'm stuck in the refresh page and try again loop. do I have to now avoid caching on certain days to not clutter my souvenir page with unwanted artwork?