Find Trackables Feature

imoutnabout

What happened to the Find Trackables feature?  It used to be, when I'd click >Play >Find Trackables and put in an UNACTIVATED trackable number, I would be directed to a page that would tell me the official name of the trackable.  Now, the only option I get is to activate it.  I don't want to activate it.  I want to know the official name of it!

15 minutes ago, imoutnabout said:

What happened to the Find Trackables feature?  It used to be, when I'd click >Play >Find Trackables and put in an UNACTIVATED trackable number, I would be directed to a page that would tell me the official name of the trackable.  Now, the only option I get is to activate it.  I don't want to activate it.  I want to know the official name of it!

When a trackable is not yet activated how would it have an "official" name? It's at the time of activation that a trackable's listing is made including a name. Up until then, a travel bug dog tag is just " travel bug dog tag".

15 minutes ago, on4bam said:

When a trackable is not yet activated how would it have an "official" name? It's at the time of activation that a trackable's listing is made including a name. Up until then, a travel bug dog tag is just " travel bug dog tag".

Yes, but Geocoins, Cachekins, etc DO have official names.  When you activate them, you can change this, but Groundspeak (or someone) gives them 'official names'.

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

You can get the information you are looking for by using this URL and substituting the tracking code of the trackable in question for XXXX: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=XXXX

Thank you.  That's the page I was missing.  I have it bookmarked now, but I think it was a mistake to remove the link from the Find Trackables page.

Edited by imoutnabout
spelling
4 hours ago, imoutnabout said:

Yes, but Geocoins, Cachekins, etc DO have official names.  When you activate them, you can change this, but Groundspeak (or someone) gives them 'official names'.

Do you maybe mean default name, like the one that's auto-filled as the name in the activation form? It wouldn't make sense for each trackable to be assigned an "official" name and then give the activator the ability to change that name.