Date Placed sort for PQ's doesn't work

GO Geiger

I've posted about this in one of the Release Notes pages, but I'll post it here, too.

Since at least yesterday, the "Placed" link on the pocket query preview page has not been working correctly.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Preview a pocket query - I've got one set up for a 50 mile radius from home in NY state, excluding Canada, as we don't normally cache there
  2. The results appear sorted by distance
  3. Click on the "Placed" link at the top of the appropriate column
  4. The results appear sorted by placed date (in this case, newest to oldest)
  5. Click on the link for page 2 (or the "Next" link, either one)
  6. The results for page 2 appear, but they are the results for page 2 by distance (i.e. as if I had left the original results sorted by distance and just advanced to page 2)

This worked correctly on Monday.  Not sure about Tuesday.

I verified the same behavior on Google Chrome and IE11.

If it helps, I was able to navigate from the first page of the 'Placed' sort to the second successfully by using the 'Next' arrow this morning.  Then I used the link for page 3 to go directly there and the sorting stopped working again.  Event the 'Next' arrow fails as before.

My recall is that sort order for  for PQ on paging through preview  has been broken for at least 10 years, possibly always.  I could be wrong, if you think it worked on Monday..

If HHL responds to this thread, I'd tend to believe whatever he says ;-)   

I recall discovering in early 2006 that I could not retain date of last find sorting on paging through a PQ of disabled.  

I have been having a problem sorting my PQ's also since the last 2 or 3 Webpage updates.  I used to be able to sort Favorites, D-T rating, and Date Placed thru many pages.  I would lose the sort occasionally, but now it's gone after the first page.  I sent an e-mail to GCHQ.  Will see what happens!

23 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

My recall is that sort order for  for PQ on paging through preview  has been broken for at least 10 years, possibly always.  I could be wrong, if you think it worked on Monday..

If HHL responds to this thread, I'd tend to believe whatever he says ;-)   

I recall discovering in early 2006 that I could not retain date of last find sorting on paging through a PQ of disabled.  

We've had intermittent problems in the past, but they generally cleared up in a day or two.  Nothing like this time, though.

When looking for new caches, we sort by placed date and have to look across several pages, since at times there can be 10-15 events within 50 miles of us.  (Yes, we could set up a PQ that doesn't include events, but why should we have to?)

Of course, if there's a better way to do it where we can filter the results to only include NY caches and requires a minimal number of mouse clicks, then I'm open to trying it out.