Mary Hyde: Final Puzzle (oops)

Team Hugs

Okay ... got all four Mary Hyde souvenirs and the meta-souvenir ... misunderstood the puzzle and submitted my guess ... figured out my error and found the right answer ... and now I can't submit the right answer because the system says "only one submission per registered user".

So, am I out of luck?

26 minutes ago, Team Hugs said:

Okay ... got all four Mary Hyde souvenirs and the meta-souvenir ... misunderstood the puzzle and submitted my guess ... figured out my error and found the right answer ... and now I can't submit the right answer because the system says "only one submission per registered user".

So, am I out of luck?

I followed up with our marketing folk and you are not out of luck! They told me, "if people didn't get the word right and submitted a form for a free TB code we will double check to see if they actually earned the meta souvenir and if they did we will honor that!"

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, SkipperL said:

I have all four maps but no treasure chest souvenir.  No email for that matter either.  What could be the problem????

You do have it - it's just that it's named "The Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde", so it falls in a different spot in the alphabetized list of your souvenirs than the other ones in the series.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Sir-Lancelot said:

I think I may have typo'ed my email as everyone else is talking about having a second email come through and I haven't had it! Did have a look in my spam and couldn't see anything. :(

The emails are going out over a period of time and it's likely that yours has simply not been sent out yet.

My wife and I have separate accounts, both Premium Accounts, and both earned all the Souvenirs.

When I submitted the correct answer, I got the acknowledgement.

However, now that my wife is submitting her request with the correct answer, she is refused and gets the message.

"Sorry, but this form is limited to one submission per user"

She is NOT the same user and PAYS for a separate PREMIUM Account, why is she not entitled to the free trackable?

2 minutes ago, Mn-treker said:

Try smart phone. It will have a very different IP address.

Why should I have to resolve their lack of technical ability?

Next, you'll be telling me to go to another location and try doing it.

It's an ERROR on the part of Wufoo, they need to fix FIX IT!

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

I followed up with our marketing folk and you are not out of luck! They told me, "if people didn't get the word right and submitted a form for a free TB code we will double check to see if they actually earned the meta souvenir and if they did we will honor that!"

Thank you for checking, and thank y'all for forgiving my idiocy ... :)

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

There was indeed a limit to a single submission from a given IP address. That was the only option the marketing team had at their disposal to enforce a single submission per user. They have now removed that limitation to help people like Scook and marshajean. NO CHEATING, NOW! :) 

Why can't it simply flag that the logged in GC user has submitted an answer? Seems odd to lock it to the IP address if the user themself is logged in, and even the unique email is included...

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Why can't it simply flag that the logged in GC user has submitted an answer? Seems odd to lock it to the IP address if the user themself is logged in, and even the unique email is included...

The marketing team did this with minimal developer involvement. This is the best solution they had.

4 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

The marketing team did this with minimal developer involvement. This is the best solution they had.

Interseting. Well in that case they seem to have done quite a lot. Is it intended to be by GC user or, by email, or by household? Maybe the wording could be clear on the form... one submission per household. Or one per email... *shrug*  IP just seemed an odd limiter selection. But anyway. It's not an issue now anyway :)

If they're worrying about the same person submitting more than one answer, they could just take the first answer submitted per email address, perhaps?

I went to the submission page and it says we are logged in as MA  and not Ma & Pa.  So it wont accept out submission.  I wonder if it took MA off our facebook page

I just noticed that someone above reported the same problem

Edited by Ma & Pa
4 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

You do have it - it's just that it's named "The Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde", so it falls in a different spot in the alphabetized list of your souvenirs than the other ones in the series.

How absolutely DUMB.  If they aren't going to allow us to sort our souvenirs, couldn't they at least name them in a way so that they "hang together" in our list??  Absurd.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

Oh so we have to wait. Mine said ready to activate but took me to a generic trackable page and not what else we are suppose to do. 

Thanks for the response!

My spouse was able to submit her request once the site settled down earlier this evening and allowed her to log on.

Looking forward to sending out another Trackable to compensate for the constantly disappearing ones.

But of course, that's not Geocaching's fault that some people lack the ability to follow through and complete the logging process for Trackables. 

I got all the souvenirs.  Still no email about a trackable...  How long might one have to wait for this email?  In my email preferences, I have elected to not receive the weekly newsletter and education & promotional emails.  Is that going to screw things up for me here, or is this separate from all that?

9 minutes ago, geodanimal said:

I got all the souvenirs.  Still no email about a trackable...  How long might one have to wait for this email?  In my email preferences, I have elected to not receive the weekly newsletter and education & promotional emails.  Is that going to screw things up for me here, or is this separate from all that?

Same here :(

2 hours ago, TElg78 said:

How the **** can I solve the Meta puzzle? I have all 4 pieces of the treasure hunt.

47 minutes ago, ArGEOpteryx said:

Do any of you have any thoughts on the four souvenir pictures themselves, especially the coords/words mentioned on each of them? Is there some sort of extra puzzle/easter egg on them or am I trying too hard? :P 

The instructions are to "Find the hidden word in the treasure chest souvenir" - so, you need to look at the image for the "The Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde" souvenir. You don't need to use the 4 map pieces. No need to overthink it.