Feature Request: Tab for announcements when viewing logbook from cache page

Twinklekitkat

It would be nice to use the "view logbook' feature on the cache page and have an additional tab called 'announcements' that would filter all the logs to just those.  It already creates a tab for all logs, your logs, and your friends logs so why not one for announcements for easy viewing.  An example of the need for this is when you decide to log a Will Attend on a mega event.  You will receive an e-mail of any announcement once you've logged your Will Attend.  However, it would be nice if you could see all the announcements that were made prior to your Will Attend log without having to scroll through all the other Will Attends in search of them as there may be a couple hundred to scroll through.  It would be handy to see them all in one place.  

24 minutes ago, Twinklekitkat said:

It would be nice to use the "view logbook' feature on the cache page and have an additional tab called 'announcements' that would filter all the logs to just those.  It already creates a tab for all logs, your logs, and your friends logs so why not one for announcements for easy viewing.  An example of the need for this is when you decide to log a Will Attend on a mega event.  You will receive an e-mail of any announcement once you've logged your Will Attend.  However, it would be nice if you could see all the announcements that were made prior to your Will Attend log without having to scroll through all the other Will Attends in search of them as there may be a couple hundred to scroll through.  It would be handy to see them all in one place.  

This is a good idea.

A logical addition to this would be a tab showing the cache owner's logs, which would be applicable to all cache types.

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Or even just have the option to display certain log types by clicking on that log type icon at the top of the logs: such as, show all DNF logs when I click the blue face, or all NM logs when I click the red wrench.

I'm doing this for a long time already. In Firefox + Greasemonkey + GCLH script it's all possible (and more). It actually makes the website workable (wider, compact, more links...... )

Just showing Owner maintenance on this one... click any icon for that kind of logs.

logtype.jpg

Edited by on4bam
  • Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, on4bam said:

I'm doing this for a long time already. In Firefox + Greasemonkey + GCLH script it's all possible (and more). It actually makes the website workable (wider, compact, more links...... )

Will have to look into that for the home computer, thanks! 

Not an option for my work browser, I don't have the admin rights, so it'd be great to see this added as a function on the site itself.  But this is a head start.

Just bringing this back to the top.  Can we please get a tab for Announcements posted by the CO when using the "View Logbook" feature on the cache page?  This would be especially helpful on a cache page such as GeoWoodstock 2018 (GC5AX15).  There are currently 3635 logs and 3 announcements.  There is no easy way to view these.  Would love to just click View Logbook and have the added tab of Announcements for easy viewing.  I could scroll through 3635 logs looking for them but that is not very intuitive.  I could also page down to the end then use CTRL+F to find them but again, not very user friendly and very time consuming. 

• Upvote 2