post drafts

Dewns

I feel like a total idiot   I tried this draft setting to save my battery I am using an android  so I have this little yellow ball that says I have drafts and I still have the exclamation marks   I read that once I log into the Geocaching page then the drafts are suppose to automatically post ... not happening. Then I looked and it says upload but when I click it it wants camera or documents  I am afraid to click and lose all the finds, I can go to each one and do it from my phone but it seems that there should be another way of loading all of them at once not individually.  So what am  I missing? somebody clear the mud from my eyes please

19 minutes ago, Dewns said:

I feel like a total idiot   I tried this draft setting to save my battery I am using an android  so I have this little yellow ball that says I have drafts and I still have the exclamation marks   I read that once I log into the Geocaching page then the drafts are suppose to automatically post ... not happening. Then I looked and it says upload but when I click it it wants camera or documents  I am afraid to click and lose all the finds, I can go to each one and do it from my phone but it seems that there should be another way of loading all of them at once not individually.  So what am  I missing? somebody clear the mud from my eyes please

There is no way to automatically post all your field notes drafts as logs. The idea is to open your list of field notes drafts and open each one, edit it as necessary before posting it, and then move on to the next one.

Personally, I enter only shorthand notes to myself in the field notes drafts. When I'm at home with a real computer, I write real logs using the field notes drafts to jog my memory.

When you log in via the website, and go to your dashboard, on the left side is DRAFTS (5) or however many you have.  When you click on one, it opens up whatever notes you took, and you can then expand and complete your log, then hit submit.  I like using the drafts in the field because it timestamps them, and keeps that time when I am logging, so the caches are logged in order of my finds.

You can also complete the log from your phone by going to the draft and toggling the Draft to Post ...

They don't "automatically" post, you need to open each draft, edit if needed, and then submit the post.

(Looks like we posted at the same time, niraD!!)

Edited by CAVinoGal