App

Simrebel

I completely agree with that.   All there is at this point is an app that is essentially a proxy to the Waymarking site that displays the information in a more phone-sized format friendly way.

However, the big problem with the existing app is that the login isn't working.  You login to it, then do anything at all and it tells you that you need to login!  If that were fixed, then it would be a great start.  But I don't think it has been worked on in like 4 years or so.

22 minutes ago, GeoMaulis said:

An other problem seems to be that Groundspeak does not provide the necessary API´s like on the geocaching.com servers. So the only working solution at the moment is "Waymarking Mobile" from chilehead.

I use this from time to time and it's quite useful, if you just want to have a quick look at what waymarks are around.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, Simrebel said:

Has there ever been any talk  of creating a app  for Waymarking ??    I bet alot more poeple would get into it if there was something quick and easy to use 

When I am out geocaching I usually forget about  waymarks   and log them after the fact 

Maybe... 

But if it's only gone this far since '05, doubtful.  Many believe the apps are what's wrong with geocaching today.

But I'd think a lot more would have gotten into it if they were "counted" originally, along with Found Its on the geocaching site, like the locationless that were similar.  :) 

On 9/17/2017 at 5:43 PM, wilsonjw said:

What are the general complaints about the apps?

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

TFTWM

I am more likely to write a nice, unique log while using a desktop. On the app, not so much. Geocachers have an infinite amount of time to edit their log later, if they want. Waymarking logs cannot be edited after 24 hours, so it's more likely that a brief log typed in the field is all you'll get. It's just my opinion and experience that logs using the app are much shorter, and even current logs often don't meet the category visit requirements. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

You've done it to me again. - What?

Keith

Geocaching app: TFTC = Thanks for the cache.

Waymarking app: TFTWM = Thanks for the waymark. A log containing only TFTWM will happen more frequently with app users. I predict. 

I've gotten "Found while geocaching" visit logs hundreds of times.  So fun getting dozens of those in a row.