How does TB tracking number look like?

Polda18

I'm wondering about how does TB tracking number look like (and geocoin one). I discovered a TB in a cache, not took it, but it doesn't accept the log since the tracking number doesn't match. It's the TB5J1AQ (blue car), owner is from Germany. I already posted him private message with the tracking number alike I found on the item (maybe I read it wrong), so he could post me...

However, I'd like to know better, how actually does the tracking number of trackable items (travelbugs, geocoins) look like. Is it just numerals or does it contain also letters? Because the stamped tracking code was a little bit unreadable, so I might misread 0 for Q, 3 or 8 for B, etc. However, I have no idea, what numbers could be misread for N, K or T. I won't post the discused tracking code publicly. If someone is interested, then PM, but carefully. Primarily I am looking for the code sent by owner. I linked him to the cache log with photo attached, as an evidence I really discovered it...

15 minutes ago, Polda18 said:

I'm wondering about how does TB tracking number look like (and geocoin one). I discovered a TB in a cache, not took it, but it doesn't accept the log since the tracking number doesn't match. It's the TB5J1AQ (blue car), owner is from Germany. I already posted him private message with the tracking number alike I found on the item (maybe I read it wrong), so he could post me...

However, I'd like to know better, how actually does the tracking number of trackable items (travelbugs, geocoins) look like. Is it just numerals or does it contain also letters? Because the stamped tracking code was a little bit unreadable, so I might misread 0 for Q, 3 or 8 for B, etc. However, I have no idea, what numbers could be misread for N, K or T. I won't post the discused tracking code publicly. If someone is interested, then PM, but carefully. Primarily I am looking for the code sent by owner. I linked him to the cache log with photo attached, as an evidence I really discovered it...

I've most often seen a mix of letters and numbers, to form a six character tracking number.  Early "The Travel Bug" trackable tags were six digit numbers.

Maybe ran out of tracking numbers, so decided to involve numbers with letters then? :D How does refference number of geocoin look like? travelbug is TB with referrence number itself, but GC is geocache. Is it also geocoin or does geocoin use another prefix?

Anyway, thank you for information :) BTW, nice profile picture :D Do you like How to Train Dragons series? I can't spell the English name of the dragon pictured, I watched only with Czech dubbing :D

Edited by Polda18
3 hours ago, Polda18 said:

Maybe ran out of tracking numbers, so decided to involve numbers with letters then? :D How does refference number of geocoin look like? travelbug is TB with referrence number itself, but GC is geocache. Is it also geocoin or does geocoin use another prefix?

Anyway, thank you for information :) BTW, nice profile picture :D Do you like How to Train Dragons series? I can't spell the English name of the dragon pictured, I watched only with Czech dubbing :D

Yes, the reference number starts with "TB", whether it's a Geocoin or "The Travel Bug". Also, some secret tracking numbers start with "TB", so you should check the TB's page to be sure.  The reference number is OK to publish, but the secret tracking number should be a secret.

I've had fun with themes from "How To Train Your Dragon".  I place a lot of dragon swag, sent out some dragon TBs, have a trackable "Toothless" stand-in figure for photos at caches, and of course I have dragon Geocoins, some for gifts.

D_l.jpg

Edited by kunarion