How to create a new list in the new List Management interface

yxza

25 minutes ago, yxza said:

Hello,

I wonder how to create a new list in the newly introduced List Management? What am I missing?

Regards

Hans/yxza

It's not on the new List Management page, but the option still exists.  Create it directly from the page of a geocache you want to add to your new list.  On the geocache page, on the right side, left click "Add to list."  A small box will pop up -- the top option should be a green box with "Create a new list" on top; type in the name for your new list and click "Add."

In addition to what hzoi noted, you can also create a new list from search results.

• Click on the "+" sign at the right of the cache to add a single cache.
  • Checkmark the box to the left of the cache name, for each of the caches you want to add to a new list, then click on the "Add X to a List" button towards the top of the search results.

In both cases, you'll get the same pop-up box that hzoi mentioned when you click "Add to List" on an individual cache page.

It would still be nice to be able to create a blank list from the new lists page, seems rather odd that there is no longer an option to do so. I've exported a Project-GC Virtual GPS list into a Geocaching.com list on more than one occasion, I'm sure there are are other reasons you might want to start with an empty list.

10 minutes ago, Mike Fitz said:

It would still be nice to be able to create a blank list from the new lists page, seems rather odd that there is no longer an option to do so. I've exported a Project-GC Virtual GPS list into a Geocaching.com list on more than one occasion, I'm sure there are are other reasons you might want to start with an empty list.

I agree.  The majority of my new bookmark lists are populated via the API from a GSAK export of filtered caches.  I first need to create the empty list, which I do from the "old" bookmark page.  It would be extra work to figure out one of the caches that I'd like to see on the new list, go to that cache page, create the list, and then go back to GSAK to send the remaining caches to that new list.

The official smartphone app provides the feature to create a new list but like some other features in the official app, doesn't use the API. This restricts 3rd party apps from doing the same unless you go rogue like that Android app everyone likes. They should provide the feature via their API for their partners and problem solved. 

I agree with all posters that the option to create an empty list is a definitive must. don't understand why it disappeared
however sometimes is seems like the right hand at Groundspeak doesn't know what the left hand is doing. a possible virtue as a drummer, but...

46 minutes ago, wigglesworth said:

I wish to create a list of caches (possibly from a GSAK export) so that I can load them onto the app.

All hints and tips are welcome

Easy!

Select the caches you want/need in GSAK.

In the GSAK "geocaching.com access" menu, click "add to bookmark list", select the list you want to add the caches to... done.

If you want to put them on a new list you'll have to create it on GC first.

11 minutes ago, wigglesworth said:

amazing - such a quick response and such a simple solution.  

One thing I learned during years of geocaching: Don't overthink it B)  Most of the "easy" mysteries I have problems with solving is because I try to find a complicated solution without reason.