Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
mejolo

What geocoin do I have?

Hello! 

I found this geocoin at cache GC1XK0T. The inventory says it should be coin TB3AV2F, but I can see from the photos it isn't. There's no code at all on the one I have... what should I do? 

Thanks, 

Mel.

IMG_4465.PNG

Edited by mejolo
Grammar!!

That's a wooden nickel/signature item - basically a non trackable wooden coin created by someone (in this case it looks like a cacher called Ferys, to show they've visited the cache). The coin logged into the cache I guess has either been taken and not logged yet, or maybe unfortunately just been taken.

It's normally treated as a normal trade item, which you can either keep (some people also collect these) or place in another cache.

Thanks! I found the owner (indeed someone called Ferys!) and they said to leave it some other beautiful cache. I found it at 3206m on a mountain in Switzerland, which will be hard to beat!!

Thank you for your reply :) 

IMG_4467.PNG

Sometimes, if you leave an added note, or mention in your Found It log that the trackable in the cache's inventory (Familycool Coin - C -)   wasn't there , the CO will mark it missing for the TO.  

But, it seems odd that no one has logged in between you and the owner of the sig coin - yet. :)

Edited by cerberus1

Maybe it was there and I missed it. I was hurrying because I knew some people were about to join me on the summit!