Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
AnnikaTravels

Interrail

Hello!

Fellow Geocachers, I'm going on an Interrail-trip with three of my friends who haven't tried Geocaching before. Nevertheless I obviously wouldn' want to miss such an opportunity to find international caches, but everytime I try introducing someone to Geocaching, we either don't find the cache or it's relatively unexciting. So..could you tell me some of the most interesting or fun geocaches in the following cities?

Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Hamburg and Copenhagen

Thanks a lot! :)

Annika

Are you staying close to the trains while "caching"? 

Many here in the Hiking and Backpacking forums would probably like to venture out a bit more.   :) 

If you're looking for quick micros  from the rail, that may well be why you're having issues with tough to find/missing, or uneventful hides.

It's been a while since I've been to any of those.  Some caches are still alive from our visits, though.  Hamburg: one of our favorites is still going strong, 544-2 bis in die Spitze.  (The terrain rating may be a little light.)  Other than that, these cities are wonderful destinations, so I think if you sort by favorite points, you'll find plenty of great caches waiting for you to log.

If you have a rail pass anyway, don't forget to take a quick train ride from Copenhagen over to Malmö so you can get credit for visiting Sweden.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:57 PM, cerberus1 said:

Are you staying close to the trains while "caching"? 

Many here in the Hiking and Backpacking forums would probably like to venture out a bit more.   :) 

If you're looking for quick micros  from the rail, that may well be why you're having issues with tough to find/missing, or uneventful hides.

I didnt stay close to trains in particular, but it's either always been in a city except for one time where we didn't find the cache..

I thought this topic wouldn't resonate so well with Hiking and Backpacking since my friends and I would rather see the cities than hike..

Thanks for your answer :)

On 8/14/2017 at 6:06 PM, hzoi said:

If you have a rail pass anyway, don't forget to take a quick train ride from Copenhagen over to Malmö so you can get credit for visiting Sweden.

Dont worry, that's already planned ;)

When you are in Berlin, go to "Lego - einer ist zu viel" It has over 8500 favourite points and there is a reason for that ^_^