Missing caches. N.Northumberland coastline

charbella

Hi,

It is with regret that I have archived a lot of my caches in the above area having lost 4 caches this summer alone, and 6 to-date this year.

For those of you familiar with the area you will know my caches were aimed at walkers and as such were not in what you might describe as "Muggle territory"

They were all Premium member sites and located where they could not be accidentally disturbed by wildlife.

This area is now extremely popular and the cache logs were showing increasing numbers year by year. Perhaps we have a lot of "careless" cachers about!!!

Regards,

Charbella 

On 8/13/2017 at 6:30 AM, charbella said:

my caches were aimed at walkers and as such were not in what you might describe as "Muggle territory"

I'm sorry your caches went missing.  If you plan to hide more, perhaps consider locations that are out of the public view.  I may be missing something from my brief look at your archived listings, but many of your caches appear to be hidden on or near popular walking paths that don't offer much cover.  In other words, it appears that geocachers who sought them out would be in plain view of anyone walking by.

To me, "stealth required" often means "without permission," and/or that a cache owner hid a geocache in a location where cache finders are in public view the entire time.  If a non-geocacher sees walkers crouching in the same location time and time again, it might occur to them to inspect the area in question.  And if they find a little plastic tube or box hidden there, they might not think twice about removing it.  If they were the caretaker or landowner and hadn't granted permission for the plastic whatnot to be there, they might have even more impetus to remove it.

I haven't visited your caches in person and can't presume this applies specifically to your caches, so I offer these observations only for you to consider whether or not they apply to your hides.