I may have inadvertently cheated. HELP!!

TheOriginalWildMan

I've only been at this caching game since March, and am still learning my way around.  I recently discovered the project-gc site, and began looking around at all the challenges found there.  I found several that it seemed I had fulfilled the requirements for, so I checked on the "challenge checker", then found the code for the challenge(s) and posted that I'd completed them.  To my surprise, I found that I received a state souvenir from the state in which the challenge originated.  Now, I think that I am also supposed to sign a log in the originating state in order to claim the challenge "legally".  I don't want anything I haven't properly earned, but now have souvenirs from Minnesota, Alabama, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin, and have never physically geocached in any of them.

I think I can go back and delete my log entries for all the challenges.  Will that delete the "found" record from my profile.  I KNOW it won't delete the souvenirs, and I'd like them removed as well.  What do I need to do?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, TheOriginalWildMan said:

Thanks.  I went back and reread the requirements and most of them seem to indicate that you can use caches found ANYWHERE for the challenge, but I still feel hinky about having the souvenirs.  I'll contact Groundspeak.  Thanks for your help.

Just so there's no confusion, challenge caches have two elements that must be completed to log an online find: there's the challenge to complete plus the challenge cache itself has a physical container at its listed coordinates that you must find and sign its log. This Help Centre page explains it.

On 13/8/2017 at 7:13 PM, barefootjeff said:

Sólo para que no haya confusión, los cachés de desafío tienen dos elementos que deben completarse para registrar un hallazgo en línea: hay el desafío de completar además de la caché de desafíos en sí tiene un contenedor físico en sus coordenadas que debe encontrar y firmar su registro. Esta página del Centro de ayuda lo explica.

Hola:

Una consulta, el challenge debe tener si o si un cache physical at its listed coordinates?

7 hours ago, Malix007 said:

Hola:

Una consulta, el challenge debe tener si o si un cache physical at its listed coordinates?

My only language is English so I hope the translation site I used got your question correct. The current guidelines say that the physical container must be either at the listed coordinates or at a waypoint whose coordinates are visible in the cache listing. There are older challenges created prior to the moratorium where there's a puzzle to solve to get the coordinates but that's not allowed with new challenges.

4 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Mi único idioma es el inglés, así que espero que el sitio de traducción que he utilizado tenga su pregunta correcta. Las pautas actuales dicen que el contenedor físico debe estar en las coordenadas enumeradas o en un waypoint cuyas coordenadas son visibles en el listado del escondrijo. Hay viejos desafíos creados antes de la moratoria donde hay un rompecabezas para resolver para conseguir las coordenadas pero eso no es permitido con nuevos desafíos.

Gracias! :D