TB passed to another

RufusClupea

23 minutes ago, RufusClupea said:

Passed 2 TBs along to another cacher at an event to move them along their objectives (TBs wanted to go west; she was going west).

Do I need to log those?  If so, how, and how to get them off my inventory?

If you aren't sure that the other cacher actually took the TBs (I read your other post). you can log them as "dropped at the event" the same way you would "dropped in a cache."

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

If you aren't sure that the other cacher actually took the TBs (I read your other post). you can log them as "dropped at the event" the same way you would "dropped in a cache."

+1  A "cover yer can" kinda thing, if not already logged as grabbed by the other cacher.    :)

Yeah, I'm just agreeing with everyone. If you handed them to her outside any geocaching activity, then she has to grab them from you, and you just have to remind her to do that.

If you gave them to her at an event, then why wouldn't you drop it at the event and let her pick it up? After all, that's really what happened.

Similarly, if you were geocaching together when you decided to pass them on, just agree on a cache you found together for you to drop them in for her to pick them. Again, that's effectively what happened, anyway, and it also accurately reflects that the TBs were at that cache.

If you drop it in either an event or a cache for her to pick up, mention in your log that your friend took them. That helps people understand what's going on if there's a delay in her logging the retrieve, or, for that matter, if she forgets altogether to log that she retrieved them.

19 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

You still haven't logged as attending the event.  The two trackables are still in your inventory, so that other cacher hasn't grabbed 'em from you.  Yet.

Good opportunity to achieve two aims at once.  :)

Wasn't aware I had/was spoze ta log as attending the event.  OK

40 minutes ago, RufusClupea said:

Wasn't aware I had/was spoze ta log as attending the event.  OK

If you were planning on attending an event, you leave a "will attend" log.  If you showed up, you leave an "attended" log.  :)

Too late now for the trackables though, as that cacher appears to have 'em in her possession (grabbed from you).