Dicey60Agoracacher0

You are in a beautiful area of NY - and there are probably tons of wonderful caches to find!  I will be traveling that way in a couple of weeks and hope to find some in the Finger lakes region!  (There's also some nice wine tasting to be found there as well)  Welcome to the hobby!

You have as much fun as you make it - hike, walk, or power trail - you can do it your way.  It is more fun when you meet other cachers at events and get to know the local caching community (if there is one, and most likely there is).

Creating qulaity "hides" is fun in a different way, and we are enjoying that side of it too!

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, MargieSearching said:

Thanks for the welcome and the comments. At some point I think I would love to hide one myself. 

Sure, you've found 19 and you're getting a good feel for the game.  As you search for caches, think about where you might want to hide one and what type of cache you'd like to place.  Thinking about what you like to find will probably help show what type to place for others to find, so that people enjoy your hides a lot.  Good luck!

• Upvote 1