Pizza place hide ideas

geocat_

A friend of mine is opening an upscale pizza place in North Carolina.  He would like to have a geocache hidden outside his restaurant.  I told him I could help since he is not a cacher (although he cached with me once).  I am planning on making the listing after the hide is placed and he will be the local to keep maintenance on it.  

I am looking for ideas for some sort of cool cache I could hide.  A couple of considerations...I want it to be remarkable, fun, interesting, etc but I don't want it to be difficult (i.e., a difficult field puzzle, hard to find).  I also don't want it to be a micro or even a small (I generally enjoy hiding the largest sized container possible given the hiding area and since this will be watched regularly by my friend, I am aiming for a regular or large.  I kind of envision something hidden in plain sight (e.g., I had a cache that was a mailbox in front of my house.  Now I have a car that is a cache in front of my house).  

Anyway, he said he is willing to "spend a few bucks" on it so let me hear your best clever, cool, interesting, funny, creative ideas!  Heck, I'll give you credit in the cache description!

14 minutes ago, geocat_ said:

he said he is willing to "spend a few bucks" on it so let me hear your best clever, cool, interesting, funny, creative ideas!  Heck, I'll give you credit in the cache description!

There's a restaurant hide near where live, ammo box cache. It's tethered with a chain inside an old newspaper vending box, and the ammo box has a combination lock. It's right outside the restaurant, but to the side, not at the door. Still, people inside can see the mayhem outside the window. It's impossible to find the cache unseen. It's set up in a similar way to another I've found cache I found in front of a quickie mart. And that one is right next to the propane refill spot, so the undefiled see that and probably think it's something related to buying propane.

Onlookers don't really seem to notice, they seem to assume the finders are conducting some kind of benign business. Cachers, however, are pretty freaked out by having to do all that with an audience.

But if I were to attempt a cache bigger than a Micro at a pizza place, it might be a setup something like that.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, geocat_ said:

A friend of mine is opening an upscale pizza place in North Carolina.  He would like to have a geocache hidden outside his restaurant.  I told him I could help since he is not a cacher (although he cached with me once).  I am planning on making the listing after the hide is placed and he will be the local to keep maintenance on it.  

I am looking for ideas for some sort of cool cache I could hide.  A couple of considerations...I want it to be remarkable, fun, interesting, etc but I don't want it to be difficult (i.e., a difficult field puzzle, hard to find).  I also don't want it to be a micro or even a small (I generally enjoy hiding the largest sized container possible given the hiding area and since this will be watched regularly by my friend, I am aiming for a regular or large.  I kind of envision something hidden in plain sight (e.g., I had a cache that was a mailbox in front of my house.  Now I have a car that is a cache in front of my house).  

Anyway, he said he is willing to "spend a few bucks" on it so let me hear your best clever, cool, interesting, funny, creative ideas!  Heck, I'll give you credit in the cache description!

Odd that one who isn't a cacher would like to have one placed there.  You'll have to be real careful about the commercial guidelines thing with your Reviewer I'd bet.    :)

I agree with kunarion, since we don't know anything about the place ...  An in-your-face hide may be a good, fun option.

I remember the other 2/3rds trying to look inconspicuous  on a front porch at Cracker Barrel (with people looking at us out the window) once...   :D

• Upvote 1