War Could Interrupt Geocaching :(

"Over the past few years, the US Coast Guard has reported multiple episodes of GPS jamming at non-US ports, including an incident reported to the Coast Guard's Navigation Center this June that occurred on the Black Sea. South Korea has claimed on several occasions that North Korea has jammed GPS near the border, interfering with aircraft and fishing fleet navigation. And in the event of a war, it's possible that an adversary could take out GPS satellites with anti-satellite weapons or some sort of cyber-attack on a satellite network."

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/radio-navigation-set-to-make-global-return-as-gps-backup-because-cyber/

1 hour ago, SeattleWayne said:

I didn't know about Geocaching when I did my tour. I wish I had known. There are some cool caches in Iraq. 

Me, neither, or I'd have finds (and hides) in at least Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Iraq.  Here's me 10 feet from GCGXJB, but I had no idea it was there.

f96f35c2-e664-40af-9ef2-7fcc27eb3fb8.jpg

• Upvote 4