Dashboard sorts now by what?

Pontiac_CZ

Something happened with the sorting of community recent activity today.

First I thought the devs had reverted to sorting by date written. That would be great but Janny1977 has just told me he wrote his log for Akatova vez - Vyhon today morning (2017-08-10 Seattle time). So it's neither the written date nor the date of the log itself.

2017-08-11_dashboard_unknown_sorting.png

It looks to me like the date separators are just missing, so -- as far as I can tell -- the logs are still in the right order, there's just no way to tell where in the list each new days starts.

Since I'd like them to go back to the previous behavior of just listing the date on each cache line, I'm hoping that's what they're trying to do, and something got in the way of the code that actually prints the date on the cache line. But my adult self recognizes that there's really no chance that's what going on.

For me, today, for trackable logs  there are date separators on the dashboard.  But for cache logs, all my logs for the past several weeks are showing under Aug 10 (yes, in correct order I believe).

Yesterday, for a while, all recent logs were showing as July 10th.

Seems very random lately.

Edited by redsox_mark
typo
7 hours ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

Actually, date separator for Aug 7, 2017 is present as well in my list, below next 50 logs so it's not included in the screenshot. That's where Janny's log would be expected.

Yep, now I see that. All the geocaches are listed in today's block, then trackables are listed way down at the end in blocks with dates. Well, at least I can hope that means they're trying to get the trackable logs in order with the cache logs.

But even the trackables are wrong. As it happens, I've been carrying a trackable and visiting it once a day for the last couple weeks, but the next date block listed is 7/30, and all the trackable logs between 7/30 and today are missing.

I find it amusing, but one has to wonder why they're just slinging code on the website without even minimal testing. Normally I might not even notice, but I was on vacation, often off the grid, and have been trying to catch up on my logging all week, so exact dates of logs are often very important for me to keep straight what I'm doing. Just when I need them, they disappear.