TB logging

11 hours ago, longwhatton34 said:

At the moment you have to jump through several hoops to log TBs on the Groundspeak app.

Several hoops?  When I am on a cache page (find it on the map, tap to open it to the "About" section) I scroll down to the trackables inventory just beneath the attributes.  Tap View my inventory, and then tap to log the ones you want to log.  As far as I can tell, they need to be logged individually, you can't easily "Visit All" as you can on the website.  Other than that, dropping or retrieving one from the cache seems to be a couple of taps.

I don't typically log much on the app though - I make "field notes" or drafts, then come home and do my logging on the computer.  I may try logging a few trackable in the field, just to see how the process compares, but it doesn't seem to me to be a lot of extra hoops.

13 hours ago, longwhatton34 said:

I usually use c:geo because it has the capability to automatically dip TBs into caches; if the official app could do this I wouldn't bother with c:geo at all. Are there any plans to make it possible? At the moment you have to jump through several hoops to log TBs on the Groundspeak app.

IIRC, the "auto" function of logging trackables in the geocaching app was canned when this new app came out.

Apparently some (maybe many if a corrected...)  didn't realize  that there was an off/on, and every cache was "visited" by all trackables in their inventory, and that might be the reason for that change. 

There's a few threads in these forums on how folks felt about that...

I consider the lack of automatically visiting all TBs to all caches as a feature, not a bug.  It makes me consider whether there is a reason to visit it or not, and so I only visit TBs to caches that affect their mission or are otherwise noteworthy or cool spots.  It also keeps my personal caching history from cluttering up someone else's TB page.  But your mileage may vary.

2 hours ago, hzoi said:

...  I only visit TBs to caches that affect their mission or are otherwise noteworthy or cool spots. ...

I try to "stick with the mission" of the trackables I carry - and only visit them in caches that help it along.  The app seems well suited for that, and easy enought to visit, drop, or retrieve via the app.