Forum feature: create status? Status update? What do it do?

hzoi

Still getting used to the new forum.  (Not a gripe -- just an observation.)  Only today did I notice that there was a drop-down menu at upper right for "+ Create."  Clicking it gives options for "Status" and "Topic."

Clicking "Topic," not surprisingly, brings up a dialogue for making a new topic, and allows one to select the sub-forum for said new topic.  Go figure.  :laughing:

But clicking "Status" brings up a box like a forum post, titled "Up[date Status."  I can input text, upload photos, etc.  Except I've used it twice and can't figure out where this information goes.  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious -- happens more often than I'd care to admit, really -- but it doesn't appear to change anything.

So, uh, what gives?  What do it do?  :lostsignal:

Yes, I tested that out with my sock puppet.  Odd to have this function if it's not really tied to anything.  I envisioned something like the old "shout" function on Kingdom of Loathing, but that's not how it works at all.

In other words: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯