Silicon Forest returns!

makaio

After much too long a hiatus, my Silicon Forest cache is back in service.

First and foremost, my apologies for taking so long, despite the friendly reminders from those itching to complete it icon_smile.gif Work and life issues have taken precedence and free time has been at a premium lately.

For those who have already gathered most of the data necessary to compute the final cache location, there is no need to retrace your steps. All the initial waypoints and the data necessary remains the same. The formulas for calculating the Intermediary LAT and LON have changed slightly, so please recompute that waypoint.

The formula for computing the final cache location has been altered due to the relocation of the cache itself.

The hint has also changed, but I'm sure you guys never use hints icon_wink.gif

Maybe one of those who have already completed most of the hunt can beta test the Intermediary and Final cache locations for me.

Please let me know if you find any errors in my formulas or if you locate the cache and your coords differ significantly from mine - as most already know the tree cover is pretty dense and sat reception not always very good here. Still, I averaged the location for some time and had between 10'-15' accuracy when marking the cache.

5505_600.gif

Great news. We're looking forward to "finishing" this cache. We ran out of daylight the day we started it, and it got plundered before we could go back.

We should be there on Saturday, barring any disasters....

My mom will be so happy when I tell her. She was bummed when we (me, my wife and kids) were out of town last weekend and didn't get to do any 'caching.

Glad to see the first log since it's return is a Found It! I suppose it's safe to say, then that the numbers/formulas checked out OK?

Your mention of the ranger makes me glad I didn't put it back in the same area it had been in as that trail is still marked closed and I'd have hated to hear you got caught hiking on a closed trail icon_smile.gif

Pat & Shirley mentioned they were going to finish the hunt today as well. Looking forward to their log to see if they fared as well.

I got started on it today... That's a big place!

I'll get the rest of the data soon.. Maybe tomorrow, but probably next week...

Thanks again for getting this one back up and running.. It's been at the top of my list ever since I started playing icon_smile.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

frac-tri.gif

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish