Communicator not suppoprted

rayo59

Hi all

i have decided to return to geocaching now that I have more time on my hands . When I went to transfer a chach to my vista I got a message saying plug in communicator not supported.

my server is Edge on Windows 10.  any ideas how I can get around this  .I had no bother with internet explorer 

hope someone can help 

thanks in advance

5 hours ago, rayo59 said:

When I went to transfer a chach to my vista I got a message saying plug in communicator not supported.

Communicator is unfortunately no longer supported. Instead of "Send to My GPS", click on "GPX File" and save it in your connected GPS's \Garmin\GPX folder.

This only works for single caches at a time (as your query inferred). For collections, use Pocket Queries.

Edited by skramble
corrected speeling :-)

Actually, the "GPX file" button won't be an option for the OP, since the OP is a Basic Member.  The "GPX file" button and Pocket Queries require a Premium Membership.

The OP can download .loc files, using the "LOC waypoint file" button. Those files contain only basic information about a cache and would need to be converted to .gpx format before being transferred to the Vista.  I think GPSBabel and/or EasyGPS can be used to convert the file format.