Lost trackable owners

schmittfamily

I need to vent about something the universe does that seems so unfair....

We always try to do trackable missions as stated as well as possible.  With so many trackables owned by people who are following their trackables go missing - it just seems so cosmically unfair that when we really hit on what a trackable wants that the owner has gone missing.

For example, we recently had a trackable that wanted its picture taken with reindeer.   We posted this picture from Denali National Park:

dc7b91b8-8b1d-4d6b-a296-d4a4cebfa841.jpg 

10 feet from a wild Caribou - in focus and in frame.  The trackable owner hasn't been on the site since January or logged a cache since 2014 and probably will never see it.   At least I hope the person watching the trackable enjoys the picture.

5 hours ago, schmittfamily said:

10 feet from a wild Caribou - in focus and in frame.  The trackable owner hasn't been on the site since January or logged a cache since 2014 and probably will never see it.   At least I hope the person watching the trackable enjoys the picture.

That's cool to do anyway.  The Owner may have the same email address as always, and a real log on the TB might be encouraging.  On my TBs, I see a lot of empty "took it to" logs before I ever see a nice photo. AND place that into a cache, and everyone who moves it from now on might also see the same cool photo.  They might even get the hint that a story and photo is a great idea.

Place TBs into suitable caches to keep them traveling cache to cache, and cacher to cacher.  You may not know what happened to the owner, but even if he's long gone, he placed the TB to keep going.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1