Changing username

anarcha77

Greetings all;
Apologies if this has been asked before -- I did a few searches through the forums and didn't find an answer.

I am considering changing my geocaching username (specifically, so that it'll roughly match my username on other sites like instagram etc).
My question is -- if I change my name, what happens to all my logs on the website?  Will they keep showing my current username, or will they all switch to the new one?  My concern is that I don't want cache owners to think that all of my 'finds' from the past 5 years or so are fake because my new username obviously won't be on the physical logbooks, my old (current) name will.

thanks.

If you change your username, then all your old logs will show your new username.

If you're concerned about cache owners not realizing that it's still you, then you could include a note on your profile stating that you used to use the name anarcha77 before you changed your geocaching name to [whatever].

• Upvote 1

niraD is correct.  Having just gone through this a coupla times in my brief tenure here (Due to online translator inconsistencies, I briefly changed my username to RufusAllec, then changed it back.), it was a simple matter to check all my logs thus far.   What didn't change were posts in which I was quoted (e.g. this post ).  So far, that's all I've seen, but I may not have seen/noticed everything.     

• Upvote 1