Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asgoroth

WIG / Computer interactions.

5 posts in this topic

I have published a WIG cartridge that is part of an Arduino powered [GADGET] cache. I used Date & Time to make an access code on the WIG that is accepted for a 15 minute period at the cache final that disengages magnetic locks. Was looking to see if anyone else has worked along these lines.

Hmm.. I've built dozens of Wherigo cartridges and several Arduino gadgets, but never put the two together. I like the concept. I'd love to see your LUA code.

At a basic level, the WIG builds a 7 digit code based on 2 digits each for Day of the Month, Hour, Minute and a single letter (A, B, C or D) randomly tossed in. This is done at the final zone, which is at the location of the [GADGET]. The Arduino has a Real Time Clock attached and a keypad on the front door. The code has a +/- 1 Hour & 15 minute window built into the Arduino programing. (The hour is because I got lazy and did not want to mess with daylight savings time).

Does the wig account for daylight savings? I have had some trouble with this issue with a time sensitive night time only Wherigo I built. Just curious if there is a work around for this issue. 

Currently, the WIG does not account for it. I got lazy and did not attempt to code a function to determine DST/notDST