Missing souvenir

vinn

After finishing the log of a first find in a new country (using the new dashboard) the log then shows as completed but the new souvenir was not awarded. Re-checking the log with the Edit tool and then re-submitting the same log/edit (old dashboard) will prompt a Congratulations! New Souvenir message, but the same souvenir (in this case the Rzeczpospolita Polska one) is still not showing in the profile (old dashboard or new, doesn´t matter). What seems to be the problem here, and to whom should I report and please ask for fixing? Thanks!

UPDATE: The new souvenir now appears in the souvenir section on the profile as well. Don't know if the fact that I erased the original log and re-posted it anew with the old dashboard had anything to do with this or not (it didn't show any immediate effect when re-posted) but now it's ok. Close Thread if no longer useful, though the possibility of it being a bug with the new log dashboard still makes me wonder if we shoul look into it.

Edited by vinn

Yes, could be, thanks for the feedback. Though this time it did feel like a bug because of the lack of award message when first logged. Anyway it's ok now, so I've updated the 1st post. ty

Edited by vinn

I guess a question is, how did you submit the log via the new dashboard?  Did you click on "Log Geocache" in the 'Recently Viewed' section?  And if that's how you did it, then were you using the 'new' logging form or the 'old' logging form?  If you have opted out of the 'new' logging form, then clicking on "Log Geocache" would take you to the 'old' logging form.

Actually I searched the geocode in the "find a geocache" section and was directed to the new logging form after clicking on the "Log cache" button on that cache's page itself. At the time I was (and still am) using the old dashboard but didn't need to access it to log this one. The logging form was however the new one (for now I've reverted to the old one).

I'm logging my caches using the draft notes from our recent vacation and although I found three caches in Virginia (and they are showing up in my statistics as such), the souvenir notification never popped up and I don't have the Virginia souvenir. How long did the OP wait before re-logging the finds to try and get the souvenir that way?

52 minutes ago, TeamLareau said:

How long does it take for souvenirs to show up on your souvenir page? I logged GeoWoodStock 2018 on the 26th and it is now the 31st.  

Sounds like there are known issues with the GeoWoodstock souvenir showing up.  Per this thread, Groundspeak is aware and is working the issue.  If yours doesn't show up after a while, contact Groundspeak through the Help Center and that should resolve it.