Feature request: don't expire access token after 90 days

I run 4 apps/programs/sites which access GC via the API.

1. It's a nuisance and time consuming to have to reauthorise them repeatedly.
  2. It decreases security:  rather than entering my (long random) password once on my phone, I have to save it in a note in case it expires when I'm away from home.

I visit Project-GC on 3 devices, and have Cachly running on 2.  Cachly now utilises Keychain so that’s fixed the password security, but that still leaves a multi-screen reauthorisation I have to go through twice a month — sometimes out in the field.

No other website I use requires incessant babysitting to keep my access tokens valid.  It’s good it doesn’t bother you guys, but it’s harder when you realise it doesn’t have to be like this.

• Upvote 2

What will happen when API2 is launched officially? In GSAK I see "token is older than 1 hour > refreshing token". Does that mean token refresh is going to be automated (even more than in GSAK)?

I suppose that when using the API the token can be checked (it's already checked for validity)  and it's lifetime extended if membership type is still the same?

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:44 AM, on4bam said:

What will happen when API2 is launched officially? In GSAK I see "token is older than 1 hour > refreshing token". Does that mean token refresh is going to be automated (even more than in GSAK)?

I suppose that when using the API the token can be checked (it's already checked for validity)  and it's lifetime extended if membership type is still the same?

I believe that apps will be able to renew the token without user intervention but am not positive on that as I have yet to implement the new user authorization in LonelyCache. From the documentation:

When the access token expires, the app can make a POST call into the OAuth service's token endpoint to exchange the refresh_token for a new access token without any additional authorize calls.