Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 80
Bloencustoms

Who Are The Lurkers? Introduce Yourself.

Recommended Posts

On 8/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, kmm123 said:

So...not technically a lurker as I've been caching for a little bit now, but this is my first time in the forums, even just looking. My name is Kelly (logs as kmm123) and I'm definitely getting more into this recently. I generally don't like asking for handouts, but would love an opportunity to explore a premium membership before making the full on commitment, so if anyone could help with that, I'd be really grateful. Actually just met the owners of a cache I just found right after finding it, which was awesome, and means no more anonymity for me 😆

 

Definitely looking forward to getting to know more of you and get more involved!

 

Thanks for the opportunity and all that 👍

 

Information about Premium membership trials is in the Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions thread:

 

Currently, 7-day trials are available for users who have not previously had Premium Membership by contacting Geocaching HQ via the Help Center.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 2:26 PM, kmm123 said:

So...not technically a lurker as I've been caching for a little bit now, but this is my first time in the forums, even just looking. My name is Kelly (logs as kmm123) and I'm definitely getting more into this recently. I generally don't like asking for handouts, but would love an opportunity to explore a premium membership before making the full on commitment, so if anyone could help with that, I'd be really grateful. Actually just met the owners of a cache I just found right after finding it, which was awesome, and means no more anonymity for me 😆

 

Definitely looking forward to getting to know more of you and get more involved!

 

Thanks for the opportunity and all that 👍

 

Premium membership trials are now available (for users who have not previously had Premium) by contacting Geocaching HQ via the Help Center.

Share this post


Link to post

G'Day My Fellow Geocachers,

 

How are you doing on this fine day? I’m DARKSIDEDAN aka Daniel from Canberra, Australia. I love discovering Geocaches, Trackable items and collecting Pathtags. I hope that you all enjoy Geocaching as much as I do. For me geocaching is a way of life. When I am not Geocaching, I am thinking of Geocaching.

Here is a little information about me. I have been geocaching since 2015.

 

At the time of this post I have over 6850 finds plus 340 hides. I am the creator of the “Duck Dip” Lab Cache that won 2nd Place for the Australian Capital Territory in the State Vs State - Battle of the Lab Caches at the OzGeoMuster - The Gong Mega 2019 in Wollongong, Australia (GC7N7ZC).

 

Now let’s talk Pathtags. Currently I have over 8000 Pathtags in my collection plus about 500 Etagz. I currently have three of my own Pathtags (45762 / 46950 / 47696) with another one in the works.

Edited by DARKSIDEDAN

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DARKSIDEDAN said:

I’m DARKSIDEDAN aka Daniel from Canberra, Australia.

 

Be welcome, aussie!

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DARKSIDEDAN said:

Hi RuideAlmeida, Do you speak Portuguese or Brazilian?

 

 

In fact... brazilian is just an accent of portuguese... we differentiate as european or brazilian portuguese. While living in the Amazon, I'm from Portugal, so mainly european accent. :)

Edited by RuideAlmeida

Share this post


Link to post

Well there you go I googled What do people in Brazil speak and got " Portuguese or Brazilian". I have learnt something new and all from Geocaching.

 

Olá meu amigo. É bom conhecê-lo. Espero que você ame geocaching tanto quanto eu. Sempre divirta-se.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DARKSIDEDAN said:

Well there you go I googled What do people in Brazil speak and got " Portuguese or Brazilian". I have learnt something new and all from Geocaching.

 

Olá meu amigo. É bom conhecê-lo. Espero que você ame geocaching tanto quanto eu. Sempre divirta-se.

 

Obrigado e bem-vindo!

Share this post


Link to post

Central Virginia

 

Started around "08" and quit in 2016.  When my new GPSr arrives this week, I'm starting up again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cherokee Bill said:

... I'm starting up again!!

 

Welcome back, warrior! :)

 

Edited by RuideAlmeida

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SMFuller said:

Re-starting after a VERY brief dabble years ago. ツ

 

Welcome back!

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, My real name is Joel, I live in Minnesota, and I'm not really in the right area of minnesota that has a lot of local caches

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GeocachingGoku said:

... right area of minnesota that has a lot of local caches

 

Welcome Joel!

Have you tried to check the nearby caches on the homepage, or on the app? Give a try on the homepage if you haven't yet.

I can see more than 2000 in a 16 miles radius...

Edited by RuideAlmeida

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy--
been a decade since finding a few hundred caches, ready to start up again. Have handheld GPS, did lots of downloading to them, but now, SMARTPHONES exist!!
Would like the Premium Trial, but was a premium member before smartphones were a thing, literally a decade ago, would this disqualify me?
Thanks, Cheers, and Happy Caching.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, greggiam said:

... would this disqualify me?

 

Yes, unfortunately.

Welcome back!

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, greggiam said:

Would like the Premium Trial, but was a premium member before smartphones were a thing, literally a decade ago, would this disqualify me?

 

Yep.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Yes, unfortunately.

Welcome back!

 

3 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Yep.

 

OK thanks.

Lifetime Ban, lol.
Suddenly I've become one of those "IS IT WORTH IT???" guys. :antenna::lostsignal:

Edited by greggiam

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, greggiam said:

 

 

OK thanks.

Lifetime Ban, lol.
Suddenly I've become one of those "IS IT WORTH IT???" guys. :antenna::lostsignal:

 

 

I am in the same boat. Is it worth it? Maybe. I really enjoyed it and still do. 

My issue is with all the stuff that went away for those that had bought apps, had memberships has all gone away. It would have been nice had they even offered a month, 3 months, 6 months, year free membership. Had that happened, I may still cache. 

The unfortunate thing is all the stuff we had just got taken away. 

I miss it a lot and have just been snooping around again. 

 

Anyway, enjoy everyone! I get my opinion is not that of most, but it is my opinion and how I feel currently.

 

Stay safe, be respectful of others caches, and always respect the earth! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 80

×
×
  • Create New...