How long of a wait till new geocache hide is reviewed.

RummelClan

We hid a  geocache over eight days ago and it has not been published yet. Is this normal? How long of a wait is too long?  How do I go about contacting someone to help the process along? Any help is appreciated. Thank you 

Edited by RummelClan

Hi there!  I reviewed your cache submission several days ago.  You should have received an email notification when I left a log for you on your cache page, listing the four issues that needed to be addressed in order for your cache to be published.  You can respond to the questions by posting a new reviewer note on your cache page, as instructed in the last paragraph of my log.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi everybody,

i hid a cache as well, one week ago, I got no response, so I've deleted it because I thought it was something wrong with the cache. Now I have found a new and - in my opinion - perfect place and hid another one on Saturday last week. How many days I have to wait (approximately) until I can see the cache on the map?

kind regards 

hkpmu

7 minutes ago, Hkpmu said:

i hid a cache as well, one week ago, I got no response, so I've deleted it because I thought it was something wrong with the cache. Now I have found a new and - in my opinion - perfect place and hid another one on Saturday last week. How many days I have to wait (approximately) until I can see the cache on the map?

From the Help Center article Cache review process: "Typically, review begins within 7 days of the date that you submit your cache. But reviews may take longer in the week after a holiday, or after a large geocaching event."

And of course, if there are issues, then your cache listing won't be published until after you address those issues, which may extend the publication date well past the 7-day target for the initial review.

1 hour ago, Hkpmu said:

Hi everybody,

kind regards 

hkpmu

The initial question is whether you've actually submitted the cache for review.  The reviewer can't see it until you enable it.

Go to the cache page and look at the top of the page.  If you submitted it, you should see this burgundy (maroon?) text:

This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

If not, you need to either click "enable" or hit the big green "submit" button.

As niraD points out, there may be other issues with the cache that needd to be addressed, but this is often the first hurdle that catches new cache hiders up.

Re:  Hkpmu's cache submissions -- The cache page was submitted properly for review on 30 July but was archived by the cache owner on 4 August before a reviewer responded.  The cache page submitted for review on 5 August is properly awaiting action in the review queue. 

Re:  RummelClan's initial post - since this thread was bumped, I thought I'd follow up with a report on the original question.  Once RummelClan saw the note I had left on their cache page, it took two rounds back and forth and then their (very unusual) first cache was published.  "The Wooden Throne" has already racked up three favorite points and great logs saying things like "totally awesome hide," "coolest one yet," and "unique and fun."  This is a good example to point to whenever someone says that new cache hiders should be required to find X number of caches before hiding one.  (RummelClan had eight finds as of the date when their first cache was published.)

• Upvote 3
On 8/7/2017 at 6:04 PM, cerberus1 said:

And looks like a heckofalotta fun too !  :)

Same state, but the distance would be a vacation trip.  Hope it's still around then.

We  hope that you do stop by and check out all of our hides. 

On 8/7/2017 at 5:34 PM, Keystone said:

Re:  Hkpmu's cache submissions -- The cache page was submitted properly for review on 30 July but was archived by the cache owner on 4 August before a reviewer responded.  The cache page submitted for review on 5 August is properly awaiting action in the review queue. 

Re:  RummelClan's initial post - since this thread was bumped, I thought I'd follow up with a report on the original question.  Once RummelClan saw the note I had left on their cache page, it took two rounds back and forth and then their (very unusual) first cache was published.  "The Wooden Throne" has already racked up three favorite points and great logs saying things like "totally awesome hide," "coolest one yet," and "unique and fun."  This is a good example to point to whenever someone says that new cache hiders should be required to find X number of caches before hiding one.  (RummelClan had eight finds as of the date when their first cache was published.)

This statement is very correct. Our inexperience in fully understanding how to properly post and set up a hide made it very difficult for  all the bugs to be worked out in order for it to be published. We now have quite a few hides and with a few exceptions we are getting things down pat.