Time/date stamp chaos

JoPo2010

Hi all,

I'm disappointed that my uploaded cache finds do not show the time found anymore.  I relied on that info for easy matching with my photos.  Does anyone know if cache time stamps will return to uploaded Notes/Drafts? 

I've also noticed that Found dates are sometimes incorrect on my Drafts.  When I find caches after 9pm, the Found date adds a day (caches found after 9pm July 27th, show as having been found on July 28th).. If it takes me awhile to get my caches logged, that sometimes confuses me about which day I actually found the cache.  I'm on the west coast, where here's a 3-hour time difference between here and EST, so maybe it's just a setting I've got messed up on my Garmin 600?

Thanks for any related info/tips!

JoPo2010

My "geocache_visits.txt" shows following:

GC6X9YN,2017-07-26T07:58Z,Found it,""
GC6X9Z9,2017-07-26T08:00Z,Found it,""
GC6X9ZK,2017-07-26T08:13Z,Found it,""
GC6XC9W,2017-07-26T08:49Z,Found it,""
GC6XC9G,2017-07-26T08:53Z,Found it,""
GC6XA2G,2017-07-26T09:04Z,Found it,""

As you can see, date and time still there.

Is yours showing somethoing else?

Regards, MB

To the OP:  The 'old' drafts page lost the timestamp and the dates are often incorrect.  If you switch to the 'new' Drafts page, then you should see the correct dates.  Also, the 'new' Drafts page will show the time if you hover over the entry.

Some cachers did ask, in this Release Notes thread, that the time be displayed permanently - rather than only when hovering.  You could express your voice on this feature over there as well.

ETA:  While the 'old' drafts page may show the incorrect date in the listing of all drafts, the correct date will populate when the "Compose Log" link is selected. Just wanted to clarify that, as my original post sounded like the date on the 'old' drafts page was so wrong that it was unusable.

Edited by noncentric
clarity
On 7/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, Mausebiber said:

My "geocache_visits.txt" shows following:

GC6X9YN,2017-07-26T07:58Z,Found it,""
GC6X9Z9,2017-07-26T08:00Z,Found it,""
GC6X9ZK,2017-07-26T08:13Z,Found it,""
GC6XC9W,2017-07-26T08:49Z,Found it,""
GC6XC9G,2017-07-26T08:53Z,Found it,""
GC6XA2G,2017-07-26T09:04Z,Found it,""

As you can see, date and time still there.

Is yours showing somethoing else?

Regards, MB

I'm sure the OP's field notes file on their device includes the timestamp, but those timestamps are not clearly visible on the website after being uploaded.  As the OP stated, "Does anyone know if cache time stamps will return to uploaded Notes/Drafts?"  (bolding mine).  The timestamps used to be included on the 'old' Drafts page before an update was applied, which stripped the time portion.

• Upvote 1