Sorting options for souvenirs

Blue_Ranger

It would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs by something other than alphabetically.  Newest to oldest, in the order earned, would really be helpful.  For example, this would put the new Mary Hyde souvenir you just earned right at the top, instead of buried down between Maine and Maryland.  This would be even more helpful when you know you SHOULD have just earned a new one, but you don't know the exact name-- like the last couple summer promotions, which didn't start with the same couple of words, and are scattered all over the souvenir list.

• Upvote 3
43 minutes ago, Blue_Ranger said:

It would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs by something other than alphabetically.  Newest to oldest, in the order earned, would really be helpful.  For example, this would put the new Mary Hyde souvenir you just earned right at the top, instead of buried down between Maine and Maryland.  This would be even more helpful when you know you SHOULD have just earned a new one, but you don't know the exact name-- like the last couple summer promotions, which didn't start with the same couple of words, and are scattered all over the souvenir list.

ProjectGC lists all user's souvenirs in date order, but oldest to newest. For example see http://project-gc.com/ProfileStats/Blue_Ranger#Souvenirs for your stats. Note that the stats are only updated weekly unless you're a paying member, so the most recent souvenirs may not show.

Edited by Optimist on the run
Add note about weekly updates
  • Upvote 1

The ability to sort souvenirs differently has been mentioned in several forum posts over the years. You're certainly not alone in wanting some souvenir sorting capabilities.

Some threads from more recent years include:

As noncentric indicated, there have been several threads about sorting souvenirs.   To me, the sort order isn't enough.  I'd like to see the ability to group souvenirs by type (regional, event, special) and then sort them within each grouping.  I don't care for the promotional souvenirs (and somehow I had one added to my profile (and subsequently "hid" it) the other day simply because I found a couple of caches).   I do like collecting region based souvenirs and would prefer to be able to see them as a group, event based souvenirs as a group, and the special/promotional souvenirs as a group (or hide them entirely).

I also would like to be able to group them.  I haven't missed an International Day of Geocaching since they started it, but had a hard time finding the one for 2012 because it comes up as "Second Annual". Even worse is the one for 2013; it shows up in the "31 Days."  It would be nice to be able to group them and keep them together.

The recent "Lost Treasure" promotion provides another example of the current system scattering related Souvenirs all over my list of Souvenirs:

• Mary Hyde: Ahoy Me Hearties! (Initial kick-off weekend)
  • Mary Hyde: Batten Down The Hatches (week 4)
  • Mary Hyde: Cuts and Keys (week 3)
  • Mary Hyde: Smuggler's Cove (week 2)
  • Mary Hyde: Weigh Anchor (week 1)
  • Massachusetts State (and 10 other Souvenirs)
  • The Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde (final Souvenir)
Edited by niraD
6 minutes ago, niraD said:

The recent "Lost Treasure" promotion provides another example of the current system scattering related Souvenirs all over my list of Souvenirs:

Yep, I've seen a number of people on FB asking why they didn't get the 6th souvenir, because it's way down the page and nowhere near the first ones. That also fooled men for a while.

If you can't do something about the sort order, at least give associated souvenirs the same beginning to the names.

The last souvenir would have been better named "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure (final souvenir)"  in keeping with the first 5 and they would have all appeared together on the page..

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

The last souvenir would have been better named "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure (final souvenir)"  in keeping with the first 5 and they would have all appeared together on the page..

Of course, that name (The lost treasure) would be sorted between week 2 (Smuggler's Cove) and week 1 (Weigh Anchor), but at least all 6 would have been together.

While I agree it's unfortunate (to the point of being amusing) that they named the series in a way that makes it inherently unsortable, I don't care that much about that because I plan to hide all of them, anyway, except maybe for the meta souvenir since it implies the others. But I'm finding it impossible to hide them. They seem to be impervious to the "hide this" button.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

The final souvenir has just been renamed to "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure". So it now shows up with the other 5. They're not in the order they were awarded, but hey, glass half full!

Our long (inter)national nightmare is over.  :anibad:

I'm bumping this thread because it's still a currently discussed issue. It sure would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs.

I'm sharing this because I think it us funny, and not to criticize HQ. I accidentally got a souvenir I didn't earn and asked HQ to delete it. A simple request, if only they could find it. After several messages back and forth, I included a screen shot and the problem was fixed. . Thank you, HQ! 

The  point is that if HQ has trouble finding a souvenir on my profile, us commoners can expect even more frustration!

A sorting feature would be helpful. 

• Upvote 1

I would also like to have a sorting option so I can put the country/state together and the others together and not a spaghetti like right now.

Also being able to really hide souvenir and not just gray would be great because of the avalanche of new souvenirs this year I hide most of them except the last in the series.

23 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

. I accidentally got a souvenir I didn't earn and asked HQ to delete it. A simple request, if only they could find it. After several messages back and forth, I included a screen shot and the problem was fixed. . Thank you, HQ! 

The  point is that if HQ has trouble finding a souvenir on my profile, us commoners can expect even more frustration!

A sorting feature would be helpful. 

Curious, where you "hiding" it and didn't realize it might be tougher for them to find, or was it just an odd souvenir to locate?  Thanks.  :)