Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Blue_Ranger

Sorting options for souvenirs

Recommended Posts

It would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs by something other than alphabetically.  Newest to oldest, in the order earned, would really be helpful.  For example, this would put the new Mary Hyde souvenir you just earned right at the top, instead of buried down between Maine and Maryland.  This would be even more helpful when you know you SHOULD have just earned a new one, but you don't know the exact name-- like the last couple summer promotions, which didn't start with the same couple of words, and are scattered all over the souvenir list.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Blue_Ranger said:

It would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs by something other than alphabetically.  Newest to oldest, in the order earned, would really be helpful.  For example, this would put the new Mary Hyde souvenir you just earned right at the top, instead of buried down between Maine and Maryland.  This would be even more helpful when you know you SHOULD have just earned a new one, but you don't know the exact name-- like the last couple summer promotions, which didn't start with the same couple of words, and are scattered all over the souvenir list.

ProjectGC lists all user's souvenirs in date order, but oldest to newest. For example see http://project-gc.com/ProfileStats/Blue_Ranger#Souvenirs for your stats. Note that the stats are only updated weekly unless you're a paying member, so the most recent souvenirs may not show.

Edited by Optimist on the run
Add note about weekly updates
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The ability to sort souvenirs differently has been mentioned in several forum posts over the years. You're certainly not alone in wanting some souvenir sorting capabilities.

Some threads from more recent years include:

Share this post


Link to post

@Optimist on the run:  I really ought to use ProjectGC more often!  Sorting them in order like that, you can see where I took 2 geo-vacations, adding several new states and ending with a mega event.  And then I noticed something odd, though it isn't important-- it took 2 days for Ontario to show up.  

Share this post


Link to post

As noncentric indicated, there have been several threads about sorting souvenirs.   To me, the sort order isn't enough.  I'd like to see the ability to group souvenirs by type (regional, event, special) and then sort them within each grouping.  I don't care for the promotional souvenirs (and somehow I had one added to my profile (and subsequently "hid" it) the other day simply because I found a couple of caches).   I do like collecting region based souvenirs and would prefer to be able to see them as a group, event based souvenirs as a group, and the special/promotional souvenirs as a group (or hide them entirely).

Share this post


Link to post

I also would like to be able to group them.  I haven't missed an International Day of Geocaching since they started it, but had a hard time finding the one for 2012 because it comes up as "Second Annual". Even worse is the one for 2013; it shows up in the "31 Days."  It would be nice to be able to group them and keep them together.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree it's frustrating trying to view souvenirs and they aren't in order by the date you acquired them.

Share this post


Link to post

The recent "Lost Treasure" promotion provides another example of the current system scattering related Souvenirs all over my list of Souvenirs:

 

  • Mary Hyde: Ahoy Me Hearties! (Initial kick-off weekend)
  • Mary Hyde: Batten Down The Hatches (week 4)
  • Mary Hyde: Cuts and Keys (week 3)
  • Mary Hyde: Smuggler's Cove (week 2)
  • Mary Hyde: Weigh Anchor (week 1)
  • Massachusetts State (and 10 other Souvenirs)
  • The Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde (final Souvenir)
Edited by niraD

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, niraD said:

The recent "Lost Treasure" promotion provides another example of the current system scattering related Souvenirs all over my list of Souvenirs:

Yep, I've seen a number of people on FB asking why they didn't get the 6th souvenir, because it's way down the page and nowhere near the first ones. That also fooled men for a while.

If you can't do something about the sort order, at least give associated souvenirs the same beginning to the names.

The last souvenir would have been better named "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure (final souvenir)"  in keeping with the first 5 and they would have all appeared together on the page..

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

The last souvenir would have been better named "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure (final souvenir)"  in keeping with the first 5 and they would have all appeared together on the page..

Of course, that name (The lost treasure) would be sorted between week 2 (Smuggler's Cove) and week 1 (Weigh Anchor), but at least all 6 would have been together.

Share this post


Link to post

Better yet:

  • Mary Hyde 0: Ahoy Me Hearties! (Initial kick-off weekend)
  • Mary Hyde 1: Weigh Anchor (week 1)
  • Mary Hyde 2: Smuggler's Cove (week 2)
  • Mary Hyde 3: Cuts and Keys (week 3)
  • Mary Hyde 4: Batten Down The Hatches (week 4)
  • Mary Hyde Final: The Lost Treasure (final Souvenir)
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

While I agree it's unfortunate (to the point of being amusing) that they named the series in a way that makes it inherently unsortable, I don't care that much about that because I plan to hide all of them, anyway, except maybe for the meta souvenir since it implies the others. But I'm finding it impossible to hide them. They seem to be impervious to the "hide this" button.

Share this post


Link to post

The final souvenir has just been renamed to "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure". So it now shows up with the other 5. They're not in the order they were awarded, but hey, glass half full!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

The final souvenir has just been renamed to "Mary Hyde: The lost treasure". So it now shows up with the other 5. They're not in the order they were awarded, but hey, glass half full!

Our long (inter)national nightmare is over.  :anibad:

Share this post


Link to post

I'm bumping this thread because it's still a currently discussed issue. It sure would be nice to be able to sort souvenirs.

I'm sharing this because I think it us funny, and not to criticize HQ. I accidentally got a souvenir I didn't earn and asked HQ to delete it. A simple request, if only they could find it. After several messages back and forth, I included a screen shot and the problem was fixed. . Thank you, HQ! 

The  point is that if HQ has trouble finding a souvenir on my profile, us commoners can expect even more frustration!

A sorting feature would be helpful. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

A sorting feature would be helpful.

Yes, yes, sort by:

  1. Categories
  2. Chronology
  3. Alphabetical

Share this post


Link to post

I would also like to have a sorting option so I can put the country/state together and the others together and not a spaghetti like right now.

 

Also being able to really hide souvenir and not just gray would be great because of the avalanche of new souvenirs this year I hide most of them except the last in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

. I accidentally got a souvenir I didn't earn and asked HQ to delete it. A simple request, if only they could find it. After several messages back and forth, I included a screen shot and the problem was fixed. . Thank you, HQ! 

The  point is that if HQ has trouble finding a souvenir on my profile, us commoners can expect even more frustration!

A sorting feature would be helpful. 

 

Curious, where you "hiding" it and didn't realize it might be tougher for them to find, or was it just an odd souvenir to locate?  Thanks.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

Yes, yes, sort by:

  1. Categories
  2. Chronology
  3. Alphabetical

 

For me, my preference would be to first group by category, then sort by acquired date or alphabetically within each category. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

×