International Geocaching Day

Good question.  Third Saturday in August, right?  Which would make it the 19th.

That said, if memory serves, attending an event hasn't been required for a souvenir, merely finding a cache.  But yeah, I'm still surprised it hasn't been announced in the blog.

Announcement or no, souvenir or no, I see by the event calendar that plenty of International Caching Day events have already been published for August 19th.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:50 AM, horseshoechamp said:

Is this fun time going to happen this year? I have seen no mention of this anywhere and time is running out to submit any events.

Hello Horseshoecamp,

Thank you for posting your question. 

On Saturday August 19th 2017 you may earn the International Geocaching Day souvenir by logging any cache type. This includes logging an "Attended" log for an event. More information will be released regarding IGD in the coming days via Newsletter and Social Media. 

If you wish to create an event for International Geocaching Day you need to submit your event two weeks in advanced. You can view events near you here: http://bit.ly/2w56p2m

If you have anymore questions please let me know!

All the Best,

Andrew

Edited by wandrewlust
  • Upvote 1
On 7/27/2017 at 5:44 PM, RufusClupea said:

Move it back a month and it'll coincide with Worldwide Articulate as Thou Wert a Freebooter for 24 Hours (or something like that... "Arrrgh," says I)

"As thou wert?"  Seems more like "Talk like the King James Version" day to me.  Maybe you should start your own holiday.  Or is this some sort of traditional pastafarian sect?

32 minutes ago, wandrewlust said:

Hello Horseshoecamp,

Thank you for posting your question. 

On Saturday August 19th 2017 you may earn the International Geocaching Day souvenir by logging any cache type. This includes logging an "Attended" log for an event. More information will be released regarding IGD in the coming days via Newsletter and Social Media. 

If you wish to create an event for International Geocaching Day you need to submit your event two weeks in advanced. You can view events near you here: http://bit.ly/2w56p2m

If you have anymore questions please let me know!

All the Best,

Andrew

Thanks for the confirmation!!