Downloading Pocket Query to windows phone

lazygardner

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, lazygardner said:

Can a pocket query be downloaded to my Nokia windows phone for offline use ? I'm using the Geocaching Pro app for windows phone.

On the Geocaching Pro page, it doesn't mention them.  

I used my windows phone with the old "official" app just for local park n grabs years ago, so not sure though...

2 hours ago, noncentric said:

When you say "pro app", are you referring to the "Classic app" that cost $10 to install a couple years ago?  If so, then that app is no longer functional.

The "Classic app" has been replaced with a free "Official app", but the new app is only for iOS and Android.

There wasn't a "classic" app for the windows phone.

Same as today (probably a test...), when there was a windows app, in order to have full use of the app you needed to be a pm.  :)

That was the second OS I dumped (after blackberry w/ Trimble) after many app folks  besides here left in a hurry.  :D

Have you tried Maaloo ?  That one says, " Import Pocket Queries from geocaching.com, Dropbox, OneDrive or URL".

- Though as many apps in Windows phone, there is a disclaimer of , " This app is designed for Windows Phone 8.x. It is running currently also under Windows 10 Mobile (version 1607, build 14393). The functionality of the app can not be guaranteed in later versions of Windows 10 Mobile".

On august 8, 2017 this was the reply from Geocaching Headquarters Support: Currently, pocket queries are not supported in the windows Geocaching Pro app. 

I am a premium member but Headquarters discontinued  the "Classic app" for window phone users about a year ago. 

Thank you Cerberus 1 for the Maaloo information. I will look into that.