Help my Geocoin travel?

AmyRRT

It's a recurring problem here in the US that Geocoins go missing. Most times, they are picked up and pocketed without ever being logged.  However, I've been told that this isn't the case overseas.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a geocoin swap that would allow mine to travel Europe (and beyond!) and I would take yours with me (can't promise it won't go missing though.) I would even be happy just to mail mine to you and you place it somewhere for me and see what happens.  Any interest?

AmyRRT

2 hours ago, AmyRRT said:

It's a recurring problem here in the US that Geocoins go missing. Most times, they are picked up and pocketed without ever being logged.  However, I've been told that this isn't the case overseas.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a geocoin swap that would allow mine to travel Europe (and beyond!) and I would take yours with me (can't promise it won't go missing though.) I would even be happy just to mail mine to you and you place it somewhere for me and see what happens.  Any interest?

AmyRRT

Don't bet on it...

Of ours (mine and the other 2/3rd's dozen or so coins), half were lost "overseas".

No magic pill, if the loss of a coin is something you worry about, don't send it out.  :)

It is sad that geocoins and trackables in general disappear.  I have had coins just vanish without being logged and others have been retrieved by people who commented on how beautiful they are and then they are never logged again and the finder does not respond to messages or emails.  This has happened mostly in the US but some have disappeared overseas also.  I will never understand why people participate in geocaching if they are not going to be responsible and follow the rules.  I know there are a lot of scatter brained people out there but sometimes I think there is something more sinister going on.  I used to take pride in our trackables but it's difficult to put something nice out there knowing it will probably disappear.  I guess that's why most people just put cheap junk out as trackables.