Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
thunderbelly4

Geocache but no container...

Hi Midwest Geocachers, I was asking for advice on placing a geocache, I would like to buy for under 20 dollars, something that could blend in REAL well with the outdoors, it would have to be big and again under 20 dollars... I was thinking kinda like the electrical boxes that are used for street lights but I am finding nothing... Thanks and Have fun Caching!

Go to the dollar store and there are all kinds of containers. Then get some camo duck tape there as well and cover the container in that. I've seen lots of inexpensive containers lkie that. Thanks for the nice cache you put out that I was FTF in Each Claire. You should consider placing something in your cache when you first hide it for the for the FTF. It is customary. A TB or a geocoin is a nice token.

Most army/navy stores, gun shows, and sporting goods have ammo cans less than twenty bucks.  Easy to paint if needed too.

Some gun shows just a few months ago here had 50cals for nine bucks.  They had a full pallet of 'em...

I personally wouldn't consider any container from the dollar store ... unless they sold actual lock n locks.  :)

31 minutes ago, Cachedoc911 said:

You should consider placing something in your cache when you first hide it for the for the FTF. It is customary. A TB or a geocoin is a nice token.

Customary?

Years ago, when cachers were as few as caches, we'd leave a ftf prize.   Still  see them on some "5" terrain hides.

- It pretty-much guaranteed someone would look for it.

These days, when there's so many cachers/caches that third-party sites are keeping track of ftfs for stats, the need to coax somebody out may be a nice touch, but isn't really that  necessary...  :)